Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HHO Addition - Performance Boost?

6K views 46 replies 12 participants last post by  yomitchyo 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has installed an HHO System on their Silverado and if so what kind of performance are you getting?

#2 ·
Wow! I'm pumped someone asked about this. I've built 3 HHO generator units. I installed one on my 2003 2500HD. Before I was getting 10.5 MPG. With 100% gasoline, 8 moth balls per tank and 8 ounces of acetone, and my HHO unit plumbed into the K&N intake tube I averaged 17.8 mpg city/hwy combined. Best mod EVER. Not planning on putting one in my 2012 bc it would be next to impossible to defeat all the computer system problems.

#6 ·
Lol. Thanks. I'm an extreme perfectionist/shade tree rocket scientist. I had the bubbled and reservoir mounted behind the grille and always had people asking what it was. I would tell them it was a mobile meth lab and just walk away.

#11 ·
It's been proven time and again that this is a myth.
Zero science supports that an HHO generator operated by a vehicles alternator can make enough hydrogen to provide any gains whatsoever in mpg.
Until there is scientific data from a dyno or controlled testing; it's all just hype.
This has been attempted for over a century with no success. Onboard electrical systems just can not generate the power needed to make this plausible.

#13 ·
Ok, the original post asked if anyone had installed one on their Silverado and if so what gains did they see. Have you? Or are you just flaming people and blatantly saying that what I'm saying is a lie?

#15 ·
If you put the effort into the electronics ( PWM, MAF controllers, O2 sensor controls) the gains are going to easily be in the 40% range. You can make 1000 lph but it doesn't do much unless you can control the electronics.

#17 ·
The Silverado I'm looking at putting it on is a 2000 5.3L V8 I have read up a little and found one online that actually got 35 mpg. It is said that you have to put an EFI Chip in to fool the O2 sensors in order to get the higher mileage boost. I'm curious if anyone here has done this and if so about how much did it cost and what kind of performance boost did you see after the installation?

#20 ·
Its also a very high maintenance animal that's takes a pretty good understanding of how everything works which 99% of people would never do and then the gains would disappear and then they would jump on the forum and say this stuff doesn't work.

#23 ·
No one said fuel your car but as a supplement and the reason companies are not putting these on cars "if they work so well" is because petroleum companies have their money in the pockets of politicians are lobbying for laws which prevent car manufacturers from using the technology.

#25 ·
rtucker2310 said:
... because petroleum companies have their money in the pockets of politicians are lobbying for laws which prevent car manufacturers from using the technology.
Said every conspiracy theorist ever.

1) If the oil companies are that deep in politicians' pockets, please explain the CAFE standards.

2) If ANY of the miracle mpg boosts actually worked, why aren't they popular in other countries where the petroleum industry is nationalized (e.g. Venezuela or Mexico - yes, I realize PEMEX isn't actually nationalized anymore but they were up to a few days ago)?

3) There are several million shade-tree mechanics, engineers, rednecks, and grouchy old bastards who remember paying well under $1 per gallon that aren't doing this. Given the nature of the internet and it's ability to multicast information, why aren't we all doing this?

FACT: Until a much more efficient method of electrolysis is developed (think synthetic photosynthesis), this is pure fantasy. If the guys who claim they have it and are making it work why haven't you claims been substantiated by a independent 3rd party lab? If you were legitimately getting 30mpg from a V* Tahoe with this, you should be a billionaire.

Are MINOR mpg improvements possible? I absolutely believe so. Do I think huge power and economy improvements are a reality today? About as much as I believe the moon is made of green cheese.

#26 ·
/\ /\ EXACTLY !
Many many scientists (even ROCKEY scientists) have tried to make this a reality over the past 100 years to no avail.
I'm thinking if JPL can put a "car" on Mars, chances are if this was even remotely possible, we would see it everywhere.

Where is Doc Brown when we need him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.