Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrogen Kit

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Levman74 
#1 ·
Has any one tried a hydrogen kit on a 5.3L. If so what was the out come of it.
Thanks.

#5 ·
It's really dependent on the size and application of the system. You need a large system to make any sort of decent improvement on a heavy breathing V8. I had a small system to experiment on my old '84 5.0, and on my trans am, I can't say it helped at all and I was doing the mileage log at the time. It was more of a time and space waster. If you do it, do a lot of research, see which materials work the best and what will work for you. Honestly I wouldn't mess with it, try something simple like water injection if you are going to play around with mileage, I've had better luck with it, and it's application is easier.

#7 ·
"Brought to you by the makers of other fine products such as throttle body spacers!"

#8 ·
My brother actually has a Ridgeline Hybrid systems hydrogen system on his Duramax. It gave a couple mpg but it's more trouble than it's worth. You have to check the fluid/hoses all the time. It'll freeze up in the winter time unless you add some alcohol to it of course. For the initial cost of it you most likely won't see a big enough ROI. They say it makes a bigger difference in gas motors than diesel but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.