Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Is my oil pressure normal?

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  icemanls2 
#1 ·
Call me crazy, but I'm just now beginning to realize that my oil pressure does not appear to be normal. On my 2006 5.3, it's almost always maxed out at 80, never gets below 70. It's been like this for at least a month and my truck has been running perfect. Please don't call me stupid for just now trying to figure this out :oops:

I'm thinking it's probably just a bad gauge. What do you guys think? It's due for an oil change in about a thousand miles so if it's a bad gauge I'll just wait till then to get it fixed.

#4 ·
Probably a sending unit, excessive psi problems common on vettes and usually a sending unit

#5 ·
I belive thos years had gauge troubles but thats not something i would wait around on and take a chance on to find other wise. If it was gas gauge or something maybe..

#7 ·
Start with the cheap oil sending unit, not the gauge cluster that costs hundreds of dollars, you probably be glad you did

Just saying

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.