Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Love my truck

586 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Boucher187 
#1 ·
Just got back from taking my wife to the airport, 120 miles roundtrip. About 20 miles was at speeds of 55-60 mph,
and 100 miles were 75-85 mph, DIC indicated 19.8 mpg, coming from a 99 Subn which the best I could get was
about 15 mpg. Stock 2009 Sierra SLT, 5.3L, 6spd, 3.42 re, CC, only change is tires went with Michelins MS2's.
For a brick that's not bad. I zeroed out everything prior to driving out of driveway.

#2 ·
That's astonishing mileage, as my truck *clearly* prefers to be driven no more than 65 mph for best fuel economy. Just think what mileage you'd have gotten had you slowed down a bit... Good for you anyway, but be careful out there.

#3 ·
I agree about the speed, running late did not want to miss flight, 85 mph going to airport, and 75 mph back home.
Again we left house at 4:15 am, this morning not much traffic on I 95. Generally I average between 21-22 mpg,
rural roads, and the Michelins improved my gas mileage over the loud Bridgestone AT's which came on the truck.

#4 ·
Thats good fuel economy, especially for the driving you were doing. Imagine how great of MPG you would be getting with our CAI ;) Sorry i couldn't resist lol. Nothing like an early morning airport run, hopefully the next time I have to drive to the airport that early I will be heading on vacation! Glad you are enjoying the truck! :D

#7 ·
Those are good numbers. My best was 23.1 MPG. I took a trio to the beach (300 miles) and did not go over 67 the whole time. I was very impressed for a full size truck. I love the MPG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.