Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Need help with 2011 5 .3

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LSU627 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I am Brand new to this site. I joined in hopes I would be able to gather some info or help regarding the current issue I am Having with my truck. I have a 2011 silverado 5.3L with some basic bolt on mods including cai, tbs, headers, and hypertech chip. Approx 4 weeks aGo my wife calls me and tells me my check engine light came on with a pinging noise. After digging on what she did that day, she had put regular fuel in the tank when the hypertech chip was set to premium. I took the chip out that day returning the truck to stock which subsided the pinging noise. But then noticed check engine light still on with rough cold starts lasting 5 sec then running normal. I took the truck to a guy who specializes in custom tuning, which he advised me the codes popping up were p0172 and p0175 which is both banks running rich. After doing a live scan with efi live, both banks are running -21%. Also I noticed the K&N tube was loose on the throttle body. I went through and checked for loose vaccum lines ad tightened down the intake tube, did a fuel cleaning treatment, and carefully cleaned the maf. Truck still has the rough cold start and is running rich.. Anyone have suggestions ? If worst comes to worst I'll take off all mods and take vehicle in under warranty.. Jus trying to avoid the Hassel dealing with Chevy warranty cause the truck is lifted. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Did you try disconnecting the battery? Usually, that's where I start if I have a problem with the way a newer vehicle is running. If not, disconnect it for about 30 minutes, reconnect and try again.

#3 ·
I would try that first before goong through all that trouble also. It will cause the ECM to relearn itself (Air/Fuel Ratio, etc). After you connect everything back, drive the truck for a week or so before doing to much to it. These trucks have to relearn themselves after adding so many mods. Let us know how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.