Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

oil pressure gauge

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SierraMike2010 
#1 ·
My 2004 silverado i noticed my oil pressure gauge sticking or flickering, i shut the truck off and turned it back on and it was ok for a while now it stays at zero i have oil pressure it doesnt make any noice and it seems to run fine has anyone had this problem???

#2 ·
Almost definitely your oil pressure sending unit. I changed mine on my 2003 last year. Not fun. If I had to change it again, I would probably pull the intake manifold to do it!

#6 ·
I've search the stepper motor replacement procedures and seems like an easy task. What seems different in my case, unless I haven't come across a thread like it, is that all the procedures show the gauges on the normal off position. My gauges (tach, speedo, oil) are not. Speedometer shows 110 mph, oil is at fully preassurized, and tach is at zero, and they never move. No matter if the truck is on or off. Would this still be a bad stepper?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.