Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Oil Pressure Gauge

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  GM Customer Service 
#1 ·
This is my first post on this site. I bought a new 2012 GMC Sierra on Monday (truck had 16 miles at purchase), I noticed the next morning on the way to work that whenever i would stop at a stoplight or stop sign the oil pressure gauge would dip below 40 to maybe around 30?? and then jump back to 40 when i got cruising again. I've had a few chevrolet's in my life and dont remember the oil pressure gauge being jumpy at all (always seem to hold steady at 40), but I've never bought a new truck either......Or am I just paranoid? Thanks for any help.

#6 ·
Hello,

I did do some research and found this to be a normal operation for the engine oil gauge to change with the speed. However, if you have any concerns, please do consult a dealership to have them addressed. I would suggest registering your vehicle with the GM Owner Center to gain access to personalized vehicle information. Have a great weekend! Do contact us if you any questions or concerns.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.