Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

P0521 Oil pressure sensor...

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Fingolfin 
#1 ·
Watched my oil pressure gauge gradually drop to zero yesterday although it's full. When I shut it off and turn it back on it goes about 275kpa then slowly drops to zero after about 6 or 7 miles. So after reading a million different thread about the same problem I determined that it was probably a plugged sensor filter so after a couple hours of fighting with it I replaced the filter and the sensor too just to be safe. (I'm not sticking my hand back there and fighting with that again. Whoever designed the placement of that filter needs to be hung, drawn and quartered.) Anyway, fired it up and pressure seemed to be excellent. Better than it ever was, idling at 280ish and stayed that way but after about 10 miles you can see it start to drop again. It hovered around 135kpa ( I think that's around 20psi), and stayed there but I have a feeling had I driven it farther it would have shit the bed again. I had high hopes that that filter was the problem and it was pretty caked when I got it out. I'm gonna change the oil and filter tomorrow I think and see if that helps cause after that I'm all out of ideas... not to fun working in minus 30c either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.