jQuery not supported.

starting problems

Warm start up issues in 2000 5.3 L V8

Re: starting problems

Postby mjs2000ct » Jul 04 2011, 5:58am

I just joined this forum because of this same problem... I have a 2000 Silverado 5.3 and have had this hard starting problem for about a year now. Sometimes it would start right up and other times take a while. Also have had to pump the gas pedal at least once, while turning the key to get it to start. I have replaced the fuel filter, air filter, air Idle control valve and was thinking about replacing the fuel pump... I only have about 64 K miles on it and I am hoping that this is my problem. Auto zone is closed right now but if they are open tomorrow, I am going first thing in the morning even though it is a holiday. Can not wait to see if this will fix it. It's been driving me crazy!!! Ill keep you all posted... Thanks for the help!!!
mjs2000ct
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2000
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: starting problems

Postby mjs2000ct » Jul 09 2011, 6:41am

Good news and Bad news!!! The good news is that my truck now starts right up every time. Sure enough it was a bad fuel regulator... I had fuel in the vacume line. Now for the bad news... For some reason now my truck is backfiring and sometimes i get a little hesitation. The backfiring mostly happens when I slow down around 15 -25 mph then hit the gas to accelerate again... Not sure if this has anything to do with the lucas injector cleaner that I am running in my gas. This has never happened before and its not the first time ive used injector cleaner. Also for some reason when slowing down at a stop my idle sometimes goes down to about 2000 rpm and the truck sounds like it wants to die. Not sure if I have a clogged injector, bad o2 sensor, or maybe now my idle sensor is bad. I took the Throttle Body off today and cleaned it very good. I also cleaned my battery cables and retightened them today and I am still backfiring. Now Ive changed the fuel regulator, the fuel filter, the air fiter, and the air idle control valve. I was thinking of changing the idle sensor that is located right under the air idle control valve next.

Any suggestions??? Need Help!!!
mjs2000ct
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2000
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Vortec 5300 5.3L V8