Topics: 18
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 Z71 Ext. Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  08 throttle body position sensor   Fuel pump or Throttle Position Sensor??   throttle position/ MAF issue   Crank position sensor symptoms?   Ignition key position when installing intune   2014 Recall Issues   2014 Silverado recall catch fire - bad gas mileage   Throttle body    03 throttle body on an 09   Throttle body going out?   Cleaning Throttle Body   Throttle Body Question!   Throttle Body Spacer?   Oil in throttle body 
Vortec 5300 5.3L V8 Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Throttle position sensor recall???

Postby wildchevy » Sep 04 2013, 6:27am

On some 2008-2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer; GMC Envoy; HUMMER H2; 2008-2011 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe; GMC Savana, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL; 2008-2010 HUMMER H3; 2009-2011 Chevrolet Colorado; GMC Canyon; and 2009-2010 HUMMER H3T vehicles, equipped with a V8 engine, the throttle position sensor may cause the engine to run rough and cause the malfunction indicator lamp and/or an Engine Reduced Power message to illuminate. If this occurs, it could result in reduced engine power.

Special Coverage Adjustment
This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Dealers are to replace the throttle position sensor and reprogram the Engine Control Module. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

For 2008-2010 model year vehicles: For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after September 21, 2012, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to September 21, 2012, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

For 2011 model year vehicles: For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after June 28, 2013, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to June 28, 2013, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicles Involved
All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Applicable Warranties section in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.

Parts Information
Parts required to complete this special coverage are to be obtained from General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales (GMCC&A).
Eating crow. The 6.2 made me do it.
2014 Silverado High Country
wildchevy
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 25
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: High Country 6.2
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby GM Customer Service » Sep 04 2013, 9:19pm

palmettofish0726 wrote:Ok taking it to the dealer tomorrow. Thanks.

palmettofish0726,

Please keep us updated how the visit at the dealership goes. Private message if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care
GM Customer Service
Topics: 2
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby devildog0331 » Sep 04 2013, 10:20pm

xMOWERYx wrote:I'll make sure to stay off your streets in san Diego haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Hahahahaha funny funny guy!! Haha. Oh I was only kidding. Smarta** haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
magnaflow glasspack product 18129
K&N CAI
RC 2" level kit
275/60R20 cooper ATP
halo/projector headlights smoked fogs HID converted
Spyder LED Smoked tail lights Led light bar
DeBadged w/plasti dipped black bowties.
DIABLEW TUNED w/ Intune
devildog0331
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 14
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 LT 5.3L V8 4x2
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby mvhunter33 » Sep 04 2013, 11:17pm

Im actually a technician at a chevy dealer and their is a recall for the throttle position sensor and it is actually for a few different years and its actually and pretty common problem actually. ive seen quite a few and its messed with some trucks pretty bad making them run rough, but its a easy fix
mvhunter33
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Blogs: 1
Year: 2003
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby palmettofish0726 [OP] » Sep 05 2013, 2:12am

ok so took my truck in this morning. they changed the transmission dipstick tube and all is well with that. They also checked on the TPS sensor and said they found no problems. Which is good. While i was there dropping the truck off this morning the service tech advised me that suggested services on my truck had never been done. This is coming from the dealer that i have been to 3 times for oil changes since april. Said i needed a induction cleaning service, injection cleaning service, and found 17% water in my brake fluid and needed to be changed, the water was found during a 27 point service that is usually done during an oil change. i had all these services performed and completed. Now the truck is running smooth and brakes are stopping great. my only question is, why is it that when i went last wednesday for an oil change was the water in the brake fluid not noticed then? Also, why after me having them change my oil three times since april have they not asked me to perform the other two services which supposedly supposed to have been done at 30,000 miles.i have 44000 now. Also why wasnt the transmission dipstick recall addressed while i was there? Or any mention of the TPS recall Is this just possibly that the dealership has overlooked this in the past? Or did he just see someone that he thinks he could take advantage of and try to dump all these services at one time. Ok thats my rant for the day. All in all got my truck back after them only having it for about 3 hours and all is well.
Original Poster
palmettofish0726
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Extra Info: Z71 All terrain
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby rodcheapo » Sep 05 2013, 2:37am

Not sure why the problems weren't addressed in your previous visits, I'd imagine they would pull the VIN for recalls every time or at least note in the service record that this had been completed. Might be worth discussing with your service department.

With regards to the TPS recall - as our GM tech (Matt) has indicated, this is a pretty common problem over a lot of years/makes but an easy fix. I wouldn't get crazy worrying about a little idle roughness though, big V8s and cheap gas can give you that problem. Just have it checked if you're in the VINs covered at a regular service interval.

The 'rough idle' I believe the TSB is referencing is what occurs when the part actually fails completely. The engine is put into Reduced Power mode (limps along) to prevent issues, no harm done but it scares the hell outta you and literally shakes the front end. You will also get a 'Service Traction Control / Stabillitrack' warning on the dash. Impossible to miss, and an easy fix. Had mine go bad in early 2012 and haven't had an issue since.
rodcheapo
Topics: 11
Blogs: 2
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 1500 Ext 4x4 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby palmettofish0726 [OP] » Sep 05 2013, 2:50am

Yeah i definitely wasnt shaking. it was just a little rough sometimes. I actually just vented about my dealer in that last post. i think its time to switch. Last week when i was there waiting for an oil change, i was in the waiting room for about an hour and a half then walked out side to get some fresh out and noticed my truck was inthe back of the lot. Walked in to the service office and nobody had even looked at my truck yet. basically they forgot about it. They did get it into the shop immediately and then gave me the oil change for free. So i guess it wasnt too bad.
Original Poster
palmettofish0726
Extra Info: Z71 All terrain
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby devildog0331 » Sep 05 2013, 4:05am

Can u check my vin and see if it needs it or should I just call my stealer?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
magnaflow glasspack product 18129
K&N CAI
RC 2" level kit
275/60R20 cooper ATP
halo/projector headlights smoked fogs HID converted
Spyder LED Smoked tail lights Led light bar
DeBadged w/plasti dipped black bowties.
DIABLEW TUNED w/ Intune
devildog0331
Armed Forces
Armed Forces