Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

MPGs and fuel savers

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TJHOULE14 
#1 ·
I drive a 2006 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0 V8 and get an AVG MPG of 9.4 :cry: I dont take the highway much so that's a factor.

Thinking about the direction gas prices are going I'm thinking of spending some money on fuel savers, (Spectre 9900 Modern muscle Cold Air Intake) and (GRANATELLI MPG/PLUS GAS SAVING IGNITION WIRE SETS). The combines cost is around $300 but I'm hoping it is worth it? do you have any fuel saving advice/parts?

I'm sure everyone is somewhat interested in what others are getting for MPGs and fuel savind tips.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
9.4 is about right for city driving. Not a heck of a lot you can do. The CAI help a little with performance, but not MPG.

And any ignition set that claims "FUEL SAVINGS!!!" raises some serious red flags. Stay away from that stuff.

#5 ·
Yeah, maybe 1 MPG. My fuel economy really goes down when I plow, and it's worse now that the programmer is off.

#6 ·
Thanks for the heads up guys. I wasn't to sure and these gas prices are killing me on my weekly fil-ups. especially with plowing when theres actually snow here in MA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.