Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Pedal Position Sensor Problem

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  djlove 
#1 ·
I have 2005 chevy 1500HD with a 6.0 in it. For about 6 months I have been fighting this problem. One day it decided to go into reduced engine power "limp" mode. So after some research I changed out my throttle body and that worked for like a day. Then I replaced my pedal position sensor and it ran for about 3-4 months no problems. Until about a month ago it started pulling the code for the pedal position sensor again. I changed out the pedal position sensor again and it lasted for a whole 2 days and it started going into limp mode again. Has anyone else had this issue? if so what were you able to do to fix it? thanks in advance!

#4 ·
Our trucks do strange things with old batteries. Mine tells my viper 5901 that the door is open even when i slam them all.

I remember a bulletin on this problem in the early 2000's. It required a re-flash of the computer but i thought that was cleared by 06. Might be worth a shot though. Another area that created this issue was the knock sensors and wire harness under the intake.

Do you know what the code is?

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.