Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Thinking about 4:10 gears

4K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  CL8N 
#1 ·
I'd like to hear from you guys that have changed to 4:10 gears on your 6.2 trucks. i have a 2011 6.2L 4x4 Silverado with 3:42 gears LT headers, intake & tune. I't already hard to hook up in first with 3:42's. How do you guys like the 4:10's? i'm not to concerned with the gas milage drop, i know it will be some. Is it worth the $1600.00 to change them out. I also pull a boat, so they will help in that aspect.

#3 ·
I have American Racing Headers with the high flow cats. It's comes with a two pc y-pipe that bolt up. I have a custom tune from Black Bear via EFlive auto-cal. He tunes it in pretty good, getting 357 hp / 364 torq. to the wheels, just want a little better 0-60 time.

#4 ·
The 4.10s will really liven the truck up, i have a 6.0 with 3.73's and a buddy with 4.10's and there is a night and day difference off the line! Im sure with the 6.2 the truck will be quicker and pull harder than mine does. Obviously yours is quicker with the tune and everything but you will notice itll pull harder with 4.10's. Its worth it in my opinion!!

#7 ·
Get them put on man, it's a hugh improvemet, throttle response is night & day. No track times yet, think i'll let it cool down before i go. I may try it on my Dynolicious App on my i-phone though, if i can find a safe road away from traffic in the country, cool app. pretty acurate too.

#8 ·
I guess I'm worried about running no cats and having to get a custom tune and then having to take it in for dealer stuff. I wouldn't be able to remove the tune without it throwing a bunch of codes. I have the Diablo Intune, Volant Intake, and muffler delete right now and it's helped a little, but still not enough. Ran. 14.5 in Baytown a couple weeks ago. Was hoping to be in lower 14's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.