jQuery not supported.

First unread post buttons not working

First unread post buttons not working

Postby qpholley13 [OP] » Mar 27 2017, 3:10pm

I'm only having approximately 75% success rate when using the "first unread post" buttons. This includes the orange button below a thread title and the actual worded first unread post link that is found inside the thread itself.

Sometimes it works but other times it will just take me to either a random post that I have seen numerous times or just leave me there at the initial post that started the thread.

This is on an iPad with the most recent iOS 10.2.1 but the problem occurred with the previous edition software as well.
Original Poster
qpholley13
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Re: First unread post buttons not working

Postby rollover » Mar 27 2017, 3:51pm

This site is becoming more and more difficult and frustrating to navigate. I am have problems with not getting scroll bars from time to time when selecting a thread. I have to maneuver off of the page and back to get a scroll bar. Seems like a lot of gremlins running around. I just noticed while typing this that most of the emoticons to the right of this window do not show up.
rollover
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 1999
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3L LS 1500 4X4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Admin » Mar 28 2017, 3:22pm

Tried some testing, and the icons seem to work for me. Can you try clearing the cookies and cache for your ipad and see if that improves things? What browser are you using with it?

rollover, I'm assuming you aren't using ipad since you are talking about scroll bars. Any specific browser you are finding this is happening with? Do you notice any specific threads this occurs on?

Kevin
Admin
Technical Director
Technical Director
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 70
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 1988
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Instagram: https://www.instagra
Group Membership:
Administrators
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby rollover » Mar 28 2017, 10:27pm

I only use one browser, Explorer. The malfunction is random. Not associated with any specific thread that I have detected. I will pay more attention to the thread I am looking at when it occurs in the future if that would be of help. The icons to the right of this "post reply" window are now working. Go figure. Let me know what information I would need to gather in order to help you solve this.
rollover
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Admin » Mar 29 2017, 3:22pm

Hey there,

What version of Windows and IE are you using when you come across these issues?

Yeah if you can provide us with links to the thread where you come across this issue, we can test it out on our end.

Have you cleared your cache and cookies recently, if not I would recommend that you clear them and see if this issue still plagues the site for you.
Also if you have another browser, can you try to replicate the same issue and let us know your results?

Richard.
Admin
Technical Director
Technical Director
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Group Membership:
Administrators
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby rollover » Mar 29 2017, 4:06pm

I'll see what I can do. I am also getting numerous "silveradosierra.com is not responding" it then closes down and reopens right where I was. Sometimes it will do this two or three times in a row before I can do anything. Have no idea if it is my end or your end. It seems to be getting worse. I do not have this problem on other sites.
rollover
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby qpholley13 [OP] » Mar 29 2017, 11:20pm

Admin wrote:Tried some testing, and the icons seem to work for me. Can you try clearing the cookies and cache for your ipad and see if that improves things? What browser are you using with it?

Kevin

No dice after clearing cookies and cache. Using safari.
Original Poster
qpholley13
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby rollover » Mar 30 2017, 1:34am

I cleared cookies and cache and things seem much better so far. No lack of scroll bar or "not responding" messages. Speed is much better. Why does this affect this site so much. I had no problems on any other site. I still am not seeing all of the icons to the right of this window. I see the last row and if I place the cursor over where the top rows should be I am able to see the description of individual icons and am able to select them. Strange. I will let you know if the problem returns but in the mean time I will clear my cookies and cache more often.
rollover
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby rollover » Mar 30 2017, 2:39pm

It has taken me 10 minutes in order to get to the point where this website was stable enough in order to let me enter this without it locking up. The problems are back and appear to be worse. I have gotten the message “silveradosierra.com is not responding” about 5 times just trying to log in. Finally I got this message “We were unable to return you to silveradosierra.com. Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem."
I have tried Google Chrome and there the log on page was just in a do loop. Wouldn’t even stay up long enough to get my username typed in. I have cleared cookies and cache many times to no avail. I have no problems on any other site either with Explorer or Chrome. I am getting to the point that I am avoiding even trying to get on. It seems once I do get on and after several minutes it starts to cooperate.
rollover
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Admin » Mar 30 2017, 2:57pm

When you see the lag issue do you see specific "waiting for..." messages in the load bar that hang more than others?

Kyle
Admin
Technical Director
Technical Director
Group Membership:
Administrators
Global moderators
Registered users
Next

Return to Website Concerns