Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

dick cepek wheels.

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  bold_devil96 
#1 ·
I am looking at a set of Dick Cepek torque wheels. The ones I found are 17x8.5" a 6mm offset and a 5.04" backspacing. Now I am not a wheel expert so the offset and backspacing is jibberish to me. I am going to set some 285/70/17 tires on it not real sure what kind. My truck has factory 20's and those tire prices are ridiculous for anything outside of a cheap street tire. So I am wanting to step down to 17" wheels and tires as it will be not much more money up front and cheaper in the long run.

So how will these wheels sit on the truck will they stick out past the fenders will they sit like stock wheels? Also I am thinking of buying some treadwright tires anyone have experience with them?

#4 ·
Hey man, there is a great article on this topic found here:

Will this Fit? Tire Sizing and Wheel Spacing Explained

It explains backspacing, offset, and pretty much anything you could ever want to know regarding wheel specs. It is simple to understand, as even I was able to make sense of it lol. Good luck in your hunt!

#5 ·
Thank you that is very informative. I had looked at that when I first looked into my leveling kit. I guess I really just needed the offset translated into something more of a visual perspective. I see how they measure it all but have no idea how they would actually look compared to stock. I should have been more clear in my questioning.

#6 ·
I don't remember what the stock offset is, but it's around +30 mm or close to that. Anything with less offset than that will stick out further and give you a wider stance.

Good rule of thumb: The lower number of mm offset you have, the further they stick out. Hope this helped!

#7 ·
Yes that does help! So if it is around a 30 mm stock offset and I go to a 6 It will sit roughly and inch farther out compared to stock. That is exactly what I was looking for thank you. And like I said I should have been more clear about what I was looking for in my original question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.