Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

lets see your wheels!

9K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  DecepticonSilverado 
#1 ·
So im looking into buying some new wheels, the ones i have now have like a +20 offset. i wanna see what kinda wheels ya'll are running on your trucks.

give the offset on their as well i am wondering what like a -18 offset looks like on a new body style how far they stick out the side and all that jazz.

#2 ·
the 18 offset doesn't really stick out it will sit the tire about flush with the fender. Its all in your preference whether you want the tire to stick out or not. also depends on the tire.

#4 ·
twday87 said:
the 18 offset doesn't really stick out it will sit the tire about flush with the fender. Its all in your preference whether you want the tire to stick out or not. also depends on the tire.
yeah i know im just trying to see what the different offsets look like on these vehicles i had an old school wagon wheel on an older chevy and it stuck out about 1 1/2 inches on each side looked sick. im looking for something that will stick out about an inch give a nice wide stance. i have after market wheels which came on the truck but they dont stick out at all they are a positive offset....a -18 should stick out of the fender i think.

thats the purpose of this post is to see what offset people have and what sticks out. dont see much more then a -18 or -20 offset when im looking up wheels though.

WHYNOTT those wheels are sick, very nice rig i have a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit and an add a leaf

#7 ·
whynott said:
Thanks! I had to stay around the stock back spacing since I did not go with a full lift.
why did you have to go with stock back spacing? just didnt want the tires to rub? i should be able to run the same tire but with a different offset i guess the back spacing is osmething to look at to i look at the off set which is where the flat part of the wheel is to the back of the rim

compaired to offset which is the reference point of where the wheel attaches to the hub to where it meets the center point of the rim.

with this being said that a -18 off set makes the rim stick out because its 18mm from the center line to the inside of the rim...an positive offset is where if you measure from the center line of the rim and if your wheel bolts on past the center line its positive.

why did i explain that all here is a link that shows this...also im just clarifing this so everyone is on the same page

http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/WheelOffsetCalc.html

#8 ·
I'm going with a 0 Offset and 5.0 backspacing ill have to trim a little but it gives it the perfect stance if you ask me.

Attachments

#10 ·
now thats what im talking about i dont have a lift i have it leveled but i want the wide stance and that looks good right their!

#11 ·
haha as long as you dont live near me go ahead!

#17 ·
Moto Metal MO957 with -12 offset and 4.53" backspacing, wrapped in Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/70 17's.

Attachments

#21 ·
for awesome traction in the sand! 35x12.50/17 General Grabber Red Labels on 17x9 KMC XD Series Strikes. give everyone a little heads up! if you're looking to widen your stance with a 17x9 wheel, that XD Series strike that i have on my truck is the only 17" I've across with a -24 offset which means it will stick out wider then most, that how i got it to fill the fenders better without running wheels spacers. dont wanna run wheel spacers on offroad truck i have multiple horror stories from doing so, Keep it legit!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.