Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

MPG with Tire Change

629 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RAFFY 
#1 ·
Anyone with experience going from the OEM Dueler ATs to the Cooper AT3? Did you notice a mpg change in either direction? I will be staying with the stock 265/65/18 tires.

I wouldn't expect an increase, but I would hope for no decrease. Michelin LTX 2s are in the mix as well, but I like the look/price of the Coopers.

Thanks

#2 ·
I wouldn't expect much of a decrease really. If any maybe 1 mpg simply due to the tread pattern. But on Cooper's website they say it has some kind of fuel saving tread compound, whatever that may be.

I'd say i could speak from experience because I have a set of these, LOVE them, but i went to 285's. So I lost almost 3 mpg city and highway. Then I tuned it and made it all back up.

#3 ·
You won't notice any change in MPG unless the new tires weigh a substantial amount more than your stock ones. But more than likely since your keeping the same size it wont be a problem. When I switched from my stock tires to Goodyear AT I literally noticed no difference in MPG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.