jQuery not supported.

polish/shine aluminum rims

polish/shine aluminum rims

Postby tph [OP] » Jul 30 2011, 7:19pm

sorry if this has been posted before but i am having trouble getting my rims to shine again.
i bought new wheels in jan this year, they are aluminum and looked good. after a great iowa winter they don't look very good. i washed them, rubbed them tried the meguires foam cone and polish, nothing seems to take this crap off my rims! any suggestions? thanks
Original Poster
tph
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: polish/shine aluminum rims

Postby lilmagoo1 » Aug 05 2011, 9:19pm

are they aluminum plated, on my chrome rims i use this stuff called wizards motorcycle polish to get off rust spots and blemishes that wont come off

http://www.wizardsproducts.com/store/ca ... p-100.html

this is the link for what i have at home. it works great for my rims and the exhaust tips after a hard pennsylvania winter lol. i know exactly what you mean
: 07.5 Silverado : 3"lift & 1.25" body lift : 295/70R18 Trail Grapplers :
: 18" MBmotoring V-drive rims W/ 00 offset :
lilmagoo1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 69
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3 L 4x4
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Return to Wheels/Tires