Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Spare Tire?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  13blcksilverado1500 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the maximum size tire we can put under the nnbs? I have some 33" tires laying around since I've upgraded my tires and want to use them for a spare tire.

*Picture is not the actual spare tire. Just loaded this for fun*

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That's a good question. I am limited because I of the way the duals run out the back and of course, they were laid in there around the OEM spare. I know they make an apparatus that can be mounted in the bed of a truck for larger spare tires that sits in the center of the bed, but then you are definitely gonna lose bed space. Furthermore, if the spare is that big, then obviously, all the tires are larger thus making the bed harder to reach (for short people like myself) due to the new height. I think it would be in everyone's best interest if you were to do some research on this and post an in depth report of your findings! :lol:

#4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. The tire I have is 305 wide so it's only about an 1" or so wider then 265 right. I'm gonna look for a cheap 20" wheel and see how it looks back there. I really don't want half a tire sticking out and I especially don't want to waste the little space I have in my short bed. Ahh and now I don't regret getting dual exhaust as much :)

#6 ·
Does anyone know the width of the spare wheel? I'm assuming it's a 7 or 7.5" wheel width. Also does anyone know if they make a 35" tire that will work with that size wheel.

And then I'll let you guys know how much room I have or don't have when I try to mount it under the bed.

#9 ·
i have a busted 285/70r17 toyo open country at2 on a xd addict 17x9 with a +18 offset under mine right now and have a few inches to spare. busted the xd and toyo combo and then the spare. so i was sitting around and decided 2 try and see if the bigger wheel/tire would fit. looks like it will when its inflated. thinking about getting a used load range e all terrain and putting it on spare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.