Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Where to find black rims with red beadlock?

6K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  deathphoenix99 
#1 ·
I want these rims for my truck! They're my favorite by far. Where could I find them? I want to still be able to tow the same as my steelies and haul the same... A little less would be okay if it means having these rims I suppose. Simulated bead lock is fine.

Also with a leveling kit in my truck, what size rims and tires should I get? I'm looking for opinions not looking for a link to a thread saying what the biggest I can fit is cause I've been through those ha. I don't care about how big my tires are I still need to get as much MPG as I can, I'm a privateer and I need to get to the races in this thing haha. I am doing it to look good so what sizes will look the best? I usually like a slightly bigger rims than most it seems.. But my rims now are 16s so if I got 16s I could finish using up the rubber they have! Let me know what your opinion is..

See less See more
#2 ·
dont know about you...but here in texas...real beadlocks are illegal on the road

and both of those pictures are completely different wheels. what my rock crawlin buddies do...if they want different cover bead lock rings is they buy the lock ring then paint it before they put it on there. i highly doubt youll find bead lock rims with a red ring. go custom and bring em to a shop to have em painted or do it youself in your driveway

#3 ·
I hadn't even thought they could be illegal.. Good to know. I want the fake ones then for sure I cant afford tickets for something so pointless. Why make them illegal? And I will already be doing a lot of painting so if I can get black rims with any color beadlock I would be able to paint them easily. But who makes good ones?

#4 ·
beadlocks are illegal because if your in a high speed chase and cops throw out a spike strip to blow out your tires....normal rims wouldnt hold the tire on. usually the tire would pop the bead on the wheel...and you cant drive far on just a rim. with beadlocks, the tire would still be attached to the wheel.....enabling you to drive longer and possibly loose the cops.

and i have no idea who makes fake beadlocks besides toyota on their TRD trucks.

try this link though

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fake+bead+locks

#5 ·
Well I dont want some random rims I find on the internet. I want rims someone has and recomends.. I found a lot of different options on google but I dont have any way of knowing which are good or bad. All of them say the same thing that theyre the best so all of them but one are not very accurate on there description..

#6 ·
You can buy fake ones... my wife seen some in a catalog at the tire shop when I bought my rims for my truck... she almost talked me into buying a set lol

Most states it is illegal to run beadlocks on the street... can't remember the reasoning behind it but I do remember it being talked about on a few TV shows... Gearz, Truck U, and possibly Trucks, Extreme 4x4.

If you want something similar and having the edges painted red here a few options...
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...+K1500&autoYear=2006&autoModClar=Extended+Cab
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...+K1500&autoYear=2006&autoModClar=Extended+Cab

#8 ·
do some research then. i am HUGE in the offroad world. i know guys who mud bog, mud drag, rock crawl and mall crawl and i dont know a single person who has fake beadlocks. essentially they are a wheel. 90% of the beads on wheels are the same, have the same bead angle...they just look different. there is not a huge difference in my xd monsters than the wheels from a 72 ford bronco bead wise.

in literally 30 seconds of googling i found a set of fake beadlocks. mickey thompson classic lock black. they make great wheels and great products.

please next time do a little research

#10 ·
Ha I've looked before I would'nt just post on here for no reason if I already could find the answer? I guess if you google long enough you can find the answer to anything, so then what are these forums even for? :lol: I didnt do anyone any harm by asking for their opinions..

#11 ·
LOL... nice maybe, sometimes... ok I was just bored and remembered coming across those over the past little while. The MT's I seen when on the Rough Country site last week when I ordered my RC 2.5" lift.
I'm always browsing Tirerack, so I knew exactly what wheels I was looking for.

And besides I was bored :) I'm in the middle of playing an online game and at a point where I just have to let the game run its course for a few minutes before I get back into the action.

#12 ·
At the start of this thread I put up pictures of trucks with the rims I want, clearly I googled this first :p I also found the micky thompsons but didnt see a way to get them in bright red so I moved on but haadn't thought of painting them, an idea that would have been hard to find on google by searching for rims

#13 ·
smoke eater - lol my buddies use to work at discount tire so i know a lot about wheels and tires so i feel you on that one. and im always looking at wheels and tires too.......i haaaaaate my monsters

rainychicken said:
At the start of this thread I put up pictures of trucks with the rims I want, clearly I googled this first :p I also found the micky thompsons but didnt see a way to get them in bright red so I moved on but haadn't thought of painting them, an idea that would have been hard to find on google by searching for rims
PM me if you have an issue with me or the things ive said

#15 ·
rainychicken said:
Smoke Eater said:
ohhh yeah... here is the link I was originally going to post
http://www.roughcountry.com/mickey_thompson_wheel_classic-lock.html
I like these I just wish they made them in black with a bright red beadlock ring. I guess I could get them and have them powdered black and red..
if you looked a little further................................................youd see that they do make them in black so you wouldnt be wasting your money powder coating two different colors

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/wheels.php?item=ClassicLockBlack

#20 ·
Here are some rims that "might" meet your needs..

carid

They are "pricey" so hang on to your hat...

and if you truly want "Bead Lock Rims" 4wheeler had a recent article about them

4wheel

However, as someone stated, they are illegal in some states. Check with the local county mounties to make sure!

Hope this helped, :D

#21 ·
1500VHO said:
Here are some rims that "might" meet your needs..

carid

They are "pricey" so hang on to your hat...

and if you truly want "Bead Lock Rims" 4wheeler had a recent article about them

4wheel

However, as someone stated, they are illegal in some states. Check with the local county mounties to make sure!

Hope this helped, :D
That first link is crazy ha I thought it was talking prices for a hole set at first but they're not! Ha they are awesome rims tho! I was hoping to get a hole set for that, and I don't wanna mess with real beadlocks since I go through Texas a few times a year I don't need trouble.. I don't know if is get pulled over for "fake" beadlocks since they can't tell the difference? Id have to explain they were fake and prob pop off one of the beadlock rims and show them....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.