jQuery not supported.

Anyone have any input on the new 6.6 2500s?

Re: Anyone have any input on the new 6.6 2500s?

Postby Delrio » Jan 21 2021, 8:37pm

Chester6.6L wrote:Unfortunately I haven't had mine long enough to discern any steering issues as of yet. I don't expect my leak to be rectified inside of 30 days out of service either, at which time I will contemplate my next move. What you could try with respect to your steering drift issue is to take a precise measurement on each front dimension between dead center of the fender wheel opening and the upper center edge of the wheel itself and confirm whether those dimensions are exactly the same. Fine adjustment can be attained by either clockwise or counter clockwise turning of the torsion bar adjuster bolts. This will at least confirm that the front end sits even from left to right. Tire pressure can also play a role assuming that the alignment parameters are set correctly.

Interesting. I have taken that measurement on flat concrete and noticed that they were not even. Could that cause a drift?
Delrio
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 60
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2020
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.6 Gas 4x4
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby Chester6.6L » Jan 21 2021, 9:05pm

Delrio wrote:
Chester6.6L wrote:Unfortunately I haven't had mine long enough to discern any steering issues as of yet. I don't expect my leak to be rectified inside of 30 days out of service either, at which time I will contemplate my next move. What you could try with respect to your steering drift issue is to take a precise measurement on each front dimension between dead center of the fender wheel opening and the upper center edge of the wheel itself and confirm whether those dimensions are exactly the same. Fine adjustment can be attained by either clockwise or counter clockwise turning of the torsion bar adjuster bolts. This will at least confirm that the front end sits even from left to right. Tire pressure can also play a role assuming that the alignment parameters are set correctly.

Interesting. I have taken that measurement on flat concrete and noticed that they were not even. Could that cause a drift?

Short answer is 'yes'.
Chester6.6L
Year: 2021
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 2500 HD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Delrio » Jan 21 2021, 9:21pm

Well hot dang... I sure hope that will do it. It will be a bit till I can get at it. Driveway is full of snow... Once I do, I will report back.
Delrio
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 60
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.6 Gas 4x4
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby MMZ71 » Feb 14 2021, 9:08pm

Well, I took the plunge, after finally finding one equipped like I wanted, for a good price. Picked it up yesterday...

2021 LT crew. This is a far cry bigger than the '16 double cab I had, and barely fits in the garage. Don't need a crew, but couldn't find the right double cab. Regardless, I'm digging it.

Also, feel like it's oddly optioned for a LT. Cloth, heated buckets, with a console, both convience packages, up/down power tailgate, advance trailering, but the tow mirrors aren't power fold, or have the spot lights. Not a big deal, just seems weird, they would cheap out on the mirrors.

So much more pep than my old truck. Can't wait to hook up to something.

2021 Silverado 2500HD
1996 Chevy C3500
MMZ71
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Extra Info: 2500 gasser
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby silentbravo » Feb 14 2021, 10:52pm

Even keeping the red theme nice. I don't know that I will ever get used to that front end though. Blehhh
silentbravo
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 2500HD SLE 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MMZ71 » Feb 15 2021, 12:40am

Yeah, I had to have a red one, which complicated the search.

I plan to either vinyl wrap the grille cross bar red, or buy another one, and paint it. That alone really changes the look of the front on these trucks.

2021 Silverado 2500HD
1996 Chevy C3500
MMZ71
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Extra Info: 2500 gasser
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby WalkersWalkers is online! » Feb 15 2021, 2:26am

My biggest complaint about these trucks are the mirrors. They blanked off the corner of the door windows to install the mirrors (and I’m sure make the glass 2 cents cheaper. Yet now they still leave the corner blanked off, but install the mirrors on the doors. I suspect the generation of auto engineers that clipped the window has now retired.
Kind of like the cutting the ends off the pot roast story.
WalkersWalkers is online!
Topics: 65
Year: 2013
Extra Info: Ext cab 2500 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Thunder_21 » Feb 21 2021, 1:13pm

I never really experienced a 6.0L to compare it to, but my 6.6 I love. Great torque, pick up and the sound is pretty gnarly. Gas mileage is laughable, but no one buys a 2500 for the gas mileage (I sure didnt). I use mine as a plow truck and a family transporter, and it works really well for all of those things. I've pushed piles of snow 4 feet deep with no real issue with the engine. It is honestly one of the parts of the truck i feel like i dont have to worry about.
Thunder_21
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Variant: WT
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.6L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to 6.6L V8 Gasser

Common search terms

front right input same anyone truck great engine trucks back still make

It is currently Feb 27 2021, 4:00pm

• Sponsor
Login  •  Register
6.6L V8 Gasser Forum
Discussion of the new 6.6 V8 Gas engine.
To create a new topic in 6.6L V8 Gasser, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic
Sitewide News Sitemaps & Feeds