jQuery not supported.

'07 Sierra Classic; front brake dragging/ locking

'07 Sierra Classic; front brake dragging/ locking

Postby dixiebandit69 [OP] » May 07 2021, 4:02am

I've got a real problem. I have an '07 Sierra Classic, 1500, 2WD, and the front brakes will not stop dragging/ locking.
No stability/ traction control.

Here are all of the parts that have been replaced:

-Front calipers
-Front hoses
-Master cylinder (Two different ones: A new O'Reilly's Brake Best, and a reman Delphi unit, both were correct for the application)
-Brake booster (vacuum booster, for the record)

It will smoke the brake pads after a few minutes of driving, and if you lift a wheel off the ground, you cannot turn it.

BUT: If you loosen the master cylinder from the booster, the front brakes loosen up, and you can turn the wheels again.
THE BRAKE BOOSTER PUSH-ROD IS NOT ADJUSTABLE on this truck, so I'm really at a loss.

Yes, I have disconnected the booster push-rod from the brake pedal when the brakes are locked, and it doesn't do anything.

Has anyone run into this problem on the GMT800 trucks?
Original Poster
dixiebandit69
Topics: 1
Year: 2007
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: LT
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Brakes