jQuery not supported.

ABS module plug

How many pins on the plug end not module?

ABS module plug

Postby Anthrax123 [OP] » Jun 11 2021, 2:31pm

Be gentle first post,

I have a 2006 Silverado EXT Cab 4WD Z71 with ABS issues the previous owner had two modules, yes two modules, under the frame. One was on the pump unit and not plugged in to the wiring harness and the other module strapped to the frame and plugged into the wiring harness. After connecting to a scanner no communication at all. I removed the ABS pump and both modules. To me it seemed the previous owner could not get the original module(bad) off the pump and strapped the second module to frame and gave it a try without any luck. Now I have the ABS module, the one found on pump, off and re soldered and installed. Threw out module that was on frame as it was caked in dirt and useless. Now my dilemma is that the 20 pin plug, which does not looked spliced in, will not fit the module!!!
So two questions I hope someone can help with 1. Is the factory ABS plug, part of the factory wiring harness, 20 pin or 16 pin? 2. Does anybody have the pin out for the ABS module and/or plug?
Thanks in advance

Dave
Original Poster
Anthrax123
Topics: 1
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Z71
Extra Info: 1500 EXT CAB 4WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Brakes