jQuery not supported.

EBC and Power Stop

EBC and Power Stop

Postby Dekade [OP] » Apr 29 2015, 4:12am

I am debating on going with EBC Ultimax Slotted Rotors and Green Stuff pads as option #1. As Option #2 - I am looking at the Power Stop Z36 truck and tow K207336 rotors and pads. I know that EBC is all hyped up as being top ticket stuff. However, is there any reason AT ALL why the Power Stop should not be highly considered and trusted as the final choice?

Does anyone have actual experience with either package?

Also, this is my first DIY brake job in over 20 years. I'm in a position where I want better brake components than a shop can provide - PLUS - I have to save money this time around and do the install myself. Is there any areas that I need to be particularly cautious of in taking out the old stuff and/or putting in the new stuff?

Truck - 2002 GMC 2500HD SLE 8.1L

Thanks for helping.
Original Owner
2002 GMC 2500 HD Extended Cab
97,000 miles as of January 2015
8.1L; Allison 1000 Trans; 3:73 rear end
Airaid CAI; Throttle Body Extender
Amsoil engine oil and trans oil since day 1
Edge Evolution CS Gas programmer
Everything else stock
Original Poster
Dekade
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: HD 2500 8.1L 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: EBC and Power Stop

Postby BlackGMCz71 » Apr 30 2015, 5:41am

I'm really happy with the power stop rotors, they're 20% off at Autoanything right now too :shock:
BlackGMCz71
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2008
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 5.3L ECSB 4WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Welcher774 » Apr 30 2015, 11:42am

I have the powerstops with powerstop pads. They work great. I highly recommend them. Another friend has the same truck and installed on his is also very happy with his coice of power stop. Make sure you follow the break in procedure its crucial.
Welcher774
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 62
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 crewcab 5.3 2wd
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby CaliZ71 » May 04 2015, 3:09am

I have an 02 1500. I got the Centric premium rotors and the EBC green stuff pads. The centric rotors have are powder coated and don't rust. I'm extremely happy with both. The EBC pads are so much better than stock. They are super quiet, have a bit more initial grab, and slow me down a lot faster. I'm a really aggressive driver and I feel a lot safer with these. The only thing I recommend is slotted rotors if your an aggressive driver or hauling heavy loads. I get some brake fade after a bit of spirited driving. Other than that great brakes.
CaliZ71
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 Z71 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Dekade [OP] » May 04 2015, 11:08pm

Thanks. I appreciate the answers. I think I'm kind of zeroing in on Power Stops. They are really getting some great reviews lately and seem to be really attacking the marketplace with a desire to provide good products. Too bad they are made overseas, but, nowadays - what isn't made overseas?
Original Owner
2002 GMC 2500 HD Extended Cab
97,000 miles as of January 2015
8.1L; Allison 1000 Trans; 3:73 rear end
Airaid CAI; Throttle Body Extender
Amsoil engine oil and trans oil since day 1
Edge Evolution CS Gas programmer
Everything else stock
Original Poster
Dekade
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Extra Info: HD 2500 8.1L 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Brakes