jQuery not supported.

Loud vacuum leak somewher by brake pedal/under dash

help me help my trucker

Loud vacuum leak somewher by brake pedal/under dash

Postby MattyMc [OP] » Oct 23 2013, 9:30am

Bought truck awhile ago and it threw p0171 and p0174 (doubles) brought it into dealer and they told me low fuel pressure and they said the pump needed to be replaced. I fixed it myself and filter, ran fine before but better now. Anyways I brought it in today cause I had to have the ignition interlock installed, yes. Soon as guy was done there was a loud vacuum leak sound under the dash/ behind upper part of pedal somewhere. I had him rip it back apart and he said he couldn't find anything he did wrong so I ripped it apart when home and noticed some air coming out of im not sure what its called behind brake pedal but not sure if that's exactly where the noise is coming from but its definitely a hissing. They said if I can get a reputable shop to say its something they did then the interlock company will pay for it. Anyone have any idea whats going on? Any replies would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Oh and not only was there that hissing but at idle it was kind of rough, and the hissing (vacuum noise) gets quieter when pressed.
Original Poster
MattyMc
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Loud vacuum leak somewher by brake pedal/under dash

Postby MattyMc [OP] » Oct 23 2013, 9:34am

Oh and forgot to say, its been about 150 miles since I changed pump and filter, ran perfect, no codes. And after I finally left the interlock place, the check engine light was on again and it was the same codes.
Original Poster
MattyMc
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Silvery13 » Oct 23 2013, 12:42pm

Check the vacuum hose at the brake booster.
Not a member of the "club", not a self appointed "this or that", not a legend in my own mind.
Conceptual Polymer High Efficiency Catch Can, DynaPro ATM RF-10 255-70/18, Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded, Bilstein 5100s
Silvery13
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 17
Year: 2014
Extra Info: Z71 4X4 EcoTec 5.3
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby MattyMc [OP] » Oct 23 2013, 7:01pm

Its good, just got home with a new booster. So I really hope this fixes it, i'll let you know.
Original Poster
MattyMc
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Silvery13 » Oct 24 2013, 12:05am

I wonder if the installer tore the seal where the brake pedal linkage goes into the booster?
Not a member of the "club", not a self appointed "this or that", not a legend in my own mind.
Conceptual Polymer High Efficiency Catch Can, DynaPro ATM RF-10 255-70/18, Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded, Bilstein 5100s
Silvery13
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby MattyMc [OP] » Oct 24 2013, 5:03am

The booster I got today didn't come with a seal/boot and I used the old one, but everything is up and running right again. Thanks everyone
Original Poster
MattyMc
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Silvery13 » Oct 24 2013, 1:38pm

Excellent!
Silvery13
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Servicemen
Registered users

Return to Brakes