jQuery not supported.

Service Stabilitrak, ABS, and traction control light error

Re: Service Stabilitrak, ABS, and traction control light err

Postby GMC man » Mar 03 2019, 5:11pm

That could be the answer I need because it is intermittent and seems to happen more during wet weather.
GMC man
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: sierra 1500 SLE Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby GMC man » Mar 16 2019, 2:03pm

Problem solved. Got a C0161 code on an OBD2/abs scanner telling me it was the brake light switch. R+R'd switch an so far all is well.
GMC man
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jdippel007 » May 01 2019, 9:13pm

I have a 2015 TX Edition Silverado 1500 LT crew cab with a 6 inch lift, 380x25s and 22 inch rims. I had the ABS light going off and the ABS break feature was on. Every stop, the pedal would bounce and give me feedback. Stabilitrack kept going off every 10 seconds. The fix was, I had a new tire on the back, which was about an inch more than the other back tire. This dude hooked one of those programming machines to it after a test drive, took a couple minutes to load results, he made a 45 second tweak because the tire speed was off. Cost me a pack of Winston Gold 100s....LOL. Never go to the dealership.
jdippel007
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Texas Edition
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby GMC man » May 03 2019, 5:55pm

I also R+Rd the brake light switch. Problem solved :D
GMC man
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Michaelstant0n » Sep 30 2019, 3:58am

I am experiencing the same exact problem. Did you ever fix the issue. I have a 2016 with a 6in Rough Country lift with 35’s.
Michaelstant0n
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2016
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby emmanueltx » Feb 22 2020, 7:29am

Dominic, I have the exact same problem. I was reversing with my 2014 Chevy Silverado with the wheel turned all the way left and the trucks lights flickered, the wheel hardened and then engine shut off. When I turned it back on, it showed a message about stabilitrak. It did almost the same thing when I did a fast turn to the left except it didnt turn off... What did you do to fix the issue? Any suggestions?
emmanueltx
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2014
Variant: LT
Group Membership:
Newly registered users
Registered users

Postby Slowverado » Jul 19 2021, 3:30pm

I have a 2015 Silverado 1LTZ Crew Cab and i have these lights on my dash. These lights first appeared when my front right tire blew and did not realize it so i drove a little on it like an idiot. As well as those lights i also got a TPMS light which i recently just took car of and it displays my tire pressure again. the only lights i have now is the ABS and :D :D Stabilitrak light. And when i do press the brakes i feel it pulsating under my foot.
I also have the g-80 LOCKER Diff from factory which used to lock when i turned off stabilitrak, now the differential opens and only one tire spins when you take a corner. Pretty sure that stabilitrak is causing my Posi traction not to actuate (Diff not Locking)
Been told could be the front right Speed sensor.

Can someone please help the people at my dealership tryna charge me 180 for just a diagnostic. :D
Slowverado
Variant: LTZ
Extra Info: L83 and 6l80
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby GBSierraSLE » Jul 19 2021, 4:08pm

You say a tire blew... did it really blow-out? If so, it could have damaged something. Perhaps a wheel speed sensor has failed and is causing your dash warning lights. Simple fix. Or maybe the tire blowing damaged the wiring to the sensor.

Stabilitrak has absolutely nothing to do with a G80 locking rear-end. (It's not a "posi", it's a locker). Turning off Stabilitrak will not make the G80 lock. It will only lock under specific circumstances. It's a mechanical device only. Nothing electronic about it. If it fails to lock when it should, it could be something failing inside the rear differential.
'13 4x4 LC9 6L80 3.42 G80 Z60 Z82 Bght new, 2" level, Michelin Dfndr LTX 275/60/20, DiabLew, Webasto Moonroof, Borla, Bedrug, Helwig, Rosen, Extang, Stone Liner, Raptor, Boss plow, SL1 LED 22,100 mi
GBSierraSLE
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 25
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2013
Variant: SLE
Extra Info: 1500 4x4 EC 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Supporters
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby Slowverado » Jul 21 2021, 8:22pm

I appreciate the response, thank you so much I ordered a Oem Acdelco FR speed sensor going to replace it today and about the G80, it used to lock when turning both ways now only locks when turning Right and opens when turning left. Im pretty sure its not completely functioning properly.
Slowverado
Variant: LTZ
Extra Info: L83 and 6l80
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Brakes