jQuery not supported.

STABILITRAK lights and ABS Brake Lights came on this morning

Re: STABILITRAK lights and ABS Brake Lights came on this mor

Postby brandon.magness [OP] » Aug 16 2016, 3:49pm

Resolved! Went to Firestone - they found nothing but noted that the fluid was a little low "But not enough to worry about" - Im glad I checked myself later after no one could figure it out - I assumed Firestone would have topped it off - to my dismay it was less than the Minimum!! Seriously they charged me and didnt fill it up??? Needless to say The lights and warnings havent came on in a week.
Original Poster
brandon.magness
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby AC-Silverado-2011 » Aug 17 2016, 12:53am

I think I might have the same or similar issue. Ihave a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8L, been having this problem for about a week now. Doesn't happen every single time I drive, about 75% of the time. I will start driving with no alerts, and about 5-10 miles into the drive the Stabilitrak turns off and the Traction Control turns off and the brake light comes on. After a few minutes the brake light shuts off, but will come back on periodically, which disables the cruise control when it's on.

No check engine light, so no codes come up on a computer diagnostic. I read several reviews of people suggesting to replace the Brake Light Switch, which I did, and that did not fix the problem. Any advise or suggestions on how to fix it would be much appreciated. Where is that wire located that you are talking about?.
AC-Silverado-2011
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2011
Group Membership:
Newly registered users
Registered users

Postby tyler2786 » Aug 17 2016, 1:18pm

I would definitely heck the abs wires by the front wheels, since they move the most. On my '14 they follow the upper control are down to the hub, behind the brake rotor. It's the only wire there. If you turn your steering to one side you should be able to get a good look without removing your tire.

One of the retaining clips (there's 2 I think) came off so it was letting the wire rub I need the inside if the wheel when turning.

Good luck and let us know what you find
tyler2786
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2014
Extra Info: LTZ Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Brakes