jQuery not supported.

Brake kits.

Re: Brake kits.

Postby bk2life » Apr 23 2021, 8:06am

009silverado wrote:What’s your thoughts on getting calipers from say pull a part?.

All the parts in the junk yard, well the ones that were in an accident and then totaled, all drove themselves to the spot the accident. I’ve had better luck with good, used parts from the parts yard, then parts from autozone..
I wouldn’t hesitate, and haven’t, when purchased parts from the yard and installed them on my cars. For example, how many 8.8 swaps are being done all the time to S10s, mustangs, etc that are going 9s in the quarter with those scary used junk yard axles and junk yard brakes… cringe worthy :sarcasm:
bk2life
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Brake kits.

Postby roorancher » Apr 23 2021, 1:12pm

bk2life wrote:
009silverado wrote:What’s your thoughts on getting calipers from say pull a part?.

All the parts in the junk yard, well the ones that were in an accident and then totaled, all drove themselves to the spot the accident. I’ve had better luck with good, used parts from the parts yard, then parts from autozone

If you're buying anything from AutoZone besides cleaning supplies, fluids and other liquids that may come in a spray bottle, your just setting yourself up to be aggravated, IMO.

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

125,000 miles 06/01/21

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 122
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users
Previous

Return to Brakes