jQuery not supported.

93 Sierra No Hvac Controls

Display on the HVAC module went blank, buttons not working.

93 Sierra No Hvac Controls

Postby 93sierra1500 [OP] » Aug 11 2010, 9:18pm

Hey guys, The display on the hvac module has went blank and is not responding when I push the buttons. I checked the fuses, underdash electrical connections and tested my module , but cannot find anything wrong. Voltage at the C235 connector that provides power for the hvac was reading a steady 7 volts. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Original Poster
93sierra1500
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 1993
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 305 5spd 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 93 Sierra No Hvac Controls

Postby trublu » Oct 02 2010, 5:38am

Im sure youve got it fixed by now.

I had the same problem with my '92 Sierra , just dead as a doornail and nothing shows or works,and had to replace the control unit (the display). Luckily I found one in the local boneyard and it only cost me $10. Thats been over a year ago and its still working fine so Im guessing it went bad.

Geez I cant imagine why. Im thinking of complaining to GM.I mean its only 18 yrs old and prolly only been used only..ohh..50,000 times give or take 10K. Dont they make anything that lasts anymore ??

:shock:

:D :D :lol: :lol: ;)
"Life throws ya curves...you learn to swerve"
trublu
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 1992
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 SLE Ext Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Climate Control