jQuery not supported.

AC Control Buttons Failing?

AC Control Buttons Failing?

Postby MrBowtie [OP] » Sep 21 2020, 2:09pm

2011 Silverado w/ auto AC

Noticed this morning my control buttons were quite hot to the touch, turning off the AC didn't seem to help. Currently everything is still functioning normally buuut who knows how long :cry:

The backlight in my radio seems to be very flaky and be quite dim some days, nice and bright on others. Could these issues be related? Figure I'll be opening up the dash and checking all my connections and wiring here asap
Original Poster
MrBowtie
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 4x4 ext cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: AC Control Buttons Failing?

Postby nealinator » Sep 23 2020, 3:57am

All the little dash lights and window buttons etc on mine are hot to the touch. It is just form the heat the bulbs in there give off.

If it is only the radio that is a different dim level that other dash lights...then there must be something internal to the radio itself going out. I would say the dimmer switch if all the lights were doing this.
Nealinator's 5.3L 4x4 Z71 All Terrain188,885 miles
AMP Power Steps - Retrax Pro Cover - Terra Grappler G2 - Airaid MIT - Mobil 1
Borla Exhaust - Eonon GA7180 - Custom Catch Can - Bilstein 5100's - $ Cost $ - DiabLew Tune
nealinator
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 170
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Supporters
Registered users

Re: AC Control Buttons Failing?

Postby MrBowtie [OP] » Sep 23 2020, 1:18pm

Thanks! I'll have to pay closer attention next time but I haven't noticed the dash lights being dim, the dimmer knob does still work but sometimes its like the max setting is way lower than normal.
Original Poster
MrBowtie
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 4x4 ext cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Climate Control