jQuery not supported.

Can't Turn Off Heat

Can't Turn Off Heat

Postby MacQ [OP] » Oct 16 2020, 6:40pm

It appears that the blend door actuator may be the problem. So I did a search on that and came up with 53 pages on this forum. I only read the odd number of pages and only came across one that closely resembles my problem.

When I turn the temperature control dial for a low amount of heat, it will stay at a low amount of heat even if I turn the dial back to no heat.

If I turn the dial to high heat, it will stay at high heat even if I turn the dial back to no heat.

If I turn on the AC when the heat is stuck on, I only get heat.

If I turn the dial to no heat and turn off the truck for about 5 minutes, I can start it back up and the truck will blow non-heated air and the AC blows cold. But let me turn up the dial and the heat comes up and will stay there until I turn the dial back to cool and turn off the truck for about 5 minutes.

Does this still sound like a blend door actuator problem? If so, that's where I'll start.
Original Poster
MacQ
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 12
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Can't Turn Off Heat

Postby Walkers » Oct 16 2020, 10:09pm

He solution os painfully obvious, simply move somewhere that you need heat year round. Duhhh.

Sounds like a blend door actuator to me.
Walkers
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 62
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Ext cab 2500 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Climate Control