jQuery not supported.

Excess Condensation

Excess Condensation

Postby barbercr [OP] » Nov 08 2020, 2:10am

My 2012 2500 HD 6.6 has a lot of condensation (more than the norm) when I run the AC to the point where it creates a lot of smoke from the passenger side. After research one of the issue could have been a dirty filter in which I cleaned (Banks Filter) and that didn't fix the issue. Just wondering if anyone had this issue and some possible solutions? At one point I was wondering if when I had the turbo replaced and they took the cab off if that might have contributed to the problem, but it started approx a month after that. Now I was back east NY & PA for six years (work) and now I am in CA (bought in CA), I wonder if that would be a contributing factor. Just trying to find any possible cause and what's the solution. Thanks in advance.
Original Poster
barbercr
Topics: 1
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.6 Diesel4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Excess Condensation

Postby Walkers » Nov 08 2020, 3:12am

The dirty filter would be the cabin air filter, not the intake filter. My 2013 pisses like a racehorse when it is humid here. You can check your cabin air filter, and check the refrigerant charge and temp change, but in the end I think you will find nothing is wrong. Make sure the water outlet is pointed in the best direction to avoid the exhaust. You could probably put a tube extension on it if needs be. It is probably dripping onto the frame rail and splashing onto the exhaust, causing the steam.
Walkers
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 62
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: Ext cab 2500 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby barbercr [OP] » Nov 08 2020, 5:14am

Did you have to cut out the cover and install using the kit, also how did you clean the evaporator? I would assume just blow/vacuum out all the junk that would be built in there.
Original Poster
barbercr
Topics: 1
Year: 2012
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.6 Diesel4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Walkers » Nov 08 2020, 9:07pm

If you dont have an air filter then you dont have to clean it. I wouldn’t install one if it didnt have it, they are a nuisance. Mine has no filter, my evap core was very clean. Just pull the 3 screws on your fan off and lower the fan. You can see a little, feel a bit, and look using your phone camera.
Walkers
Topics: 62
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: Ext cab 2500 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Climate Control