jQuery not supported.

New Actuator...Not Fixed

Re: New Actuator...Not Fixed

Postby Macrisel » Mar 14 2018, 3:42pm

MsMandy, I had a similar issue a couple of years ago. Here is the link to that thread:
Blend door cracked, need replacement

I won't lie, it was quite a job to get in there to get that pen unstuck from the door but it saved me from taking the entire dash apart. The patch panel I made is still working correctly and I have had no issues with air leaks. However, I do not think this is related to my current problem, but it may be helpful with your issue.

It sounds like something may have fallen down the vents and blocking/catching your door.
Always in the middle of a project.....
My current garage
2008 Sierra 1500 Reg Cab SWB Z71
2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic Quad Cab 4x4
2011 Chevy Tahoe
2006 Pontiac G6
1980 Chevy Malibu, 400 sbc, far from stock
1959 Chevy Biscayne, mostly stock
1951 Willys Overland CJ 3A, frame off restoration
Macrisel
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: HD 2500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Macrisel » May 30 2018, 6:16pm

So to close out this problem thread for me in case anyone was having the same issues. I had finally reached the end of my rope regarding the blend door. I tried 2 different "brand new" actuators (at $25 each) from the same ebay supplier and still did not solve my problem. I then moved to the climate control unit and swapped it out with a known good unit from a friends truck....still no luck. I traced all my wiring behind the dash looking for broken or cracked wires...still no luck.
Finally, I was ready to take it to a dealership and have it fixed, but I was unable to give up yet. As a last ditch effort, I went to my local NAPA and had them order me another actuator for $80 with the understanding I could bring it back when it didn't work.....installed it.....low and behold............problem solved. Moral of the story....cheap ebay parts suck. Buy good parts from a local supplier when you can.
Always in the middle of a project.....
My current garage
2008 Sierra 1500 Reg Cab SWB Z71
2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic Quad Cab 4x4
2011 Chevy Tahoe
2006 Pontiac G6
1980 Chevy Malibu, 400 sbc, far from stock
1959 Chevy Biscayne, mostly stock
1951 Willys Overland CJ 3A, frame off restoration
Macrisel
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2007
Extra Info: HD 2500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby steveo124 » Dec 03 2019, 12:56pm

2000 Silverado Reg Cab - I have had all of the same problems but a few extra. Blend door actuator went out 2 times but it stays in time and have the same problem 1 click off max cool it goes full heat. The mode door actuators went out so replaced it and notice the big gear has cracked down the middle causing the actuator to bind up then probably gets toasted with that gear in a bind. I replaced the mode door actuator along with making sure its in time but after 2 months it gets back out of time causing it bind up once again then it defaults to defrost and will not move till you take it back off to put it back in time again the it does it again. They have updated the actuator so the big gear doesn't bind up and split down the middle which is great but now don't know what is making the actuator not stop at the position its suppose to go out of time and default back to defrost. I think 2001 and up calibrates itself but have read that 1999-2000 does not calibrate by itself. I have pulled fuses to taking cable off battery with no luck of self calibrating. I have drop in HP so thought clutch fan needed changed but seems to be just fine. That being said i will clean the clutch fan by spaying cleaner and hosing it down with HP coming back for about a week then lose HP again lol. I will change the clutch fan out to see what happens. I also have the water in dash when using heat but no wet floor either. I do lose a cup of water every 4 weeks. Also don't never clean the engine or you will push water down the knock sensor hole to ruin those. No fun to replace.
steveo124
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2000
Group Membership:
Newly registered users
Registered users

Postby ramos2010 » May 10 2020, 5:40pm

Hello I know this has been a while ago but have exact issue and thinking it’s my hvac control module which is between my controls and the blend actuators, like mentioned above I can freely move the door that changes the direction without the actuator installed. Actuator works I took apart and will reference, but when selected on controls it does not do anything none of them do.
ramos2010
Year: 2016
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 4x4 all terrain
Group Membership:
Newly registered users
Registered users

Postby kmmagnu » Jan 22 2021, 4:32am

Ramos, did you ever figure out your issue. I replaced control module, tried plugging in new actuator by gas pedal and no luck. I cannot change mode nor can I change heat setting, I should say I can on the panel but nothing happens physically in the truck. I can’t see all the actuators going bad at the same time. My thought was a common ground or something like that but I can only find a 5v wire and low ref wire from wiring diagram that are common on all the actuators.

Any help appreciated
kmmagnu
Year: 2013
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Scrapyard John » Feb 04 2021, 5:59am

For the last 2 posters, you might try a reset of the hvac module either by removing the fuse or disconnecting the battery. I saw how to do it on a website called “sparky’s answers”, but don’t recall the exact procedure.
Scrapyard John
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2005
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 4wd work truck
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby kmmagnu » Feb 04 2021, 12:51pm

I tried that and tried a recalibration from a scan tool. Truck going to dealer to have hvac module reprogrammed, I had a tech look at it in his home garage and he can get the actuators to work manually with a jumper but he said needs to be reprogrammed with gm tool being I replaced hvac module.
kmmagnu
Year: 2013
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Climate Control