jQuery not supported.

Replacement bulbs for 99-02 hvac controls

Re: Replacement bulbs for 99-02 hvac controls

Postby anasyn » Jan 23 2012, 10:46pm

Hey guys, doing the same to my 02 silverado...wish I had seen this post before(signed up today), I ran out to radioshack and picked up some 272-1141, 12v 25ma bulbs and soldered them into my hvac. Seems to work well but I noticed someone had better luck with a similar type but 6v, I'd like to know how that worked out...are they still lit, functioning properly? Guess I'll see how these perform tonight!
anasyn
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 4.3 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby PickupMenGetChicks » Dec 16 2014, 6:24am

Add another one against the 12v 50ma radio shack bulbs. I got them to replace my burnt ones in a Sierra 2001 hvac control switches. They do work, but they are only about 1/2 the brightness of the original bulbs.
I wish I had read this before fixing mine. Now, I will have to get the 6v 25ma bulbs and re-solder them.
You must be correct about the "series" circuit voltage thing. Because when I put in just 1 replacement 12v bulb, it was the right brightness. But when I replaced all 4 of the top ones for behind the dial switches, they are only 1/2 brightness.
I only had 2 burnt out, but figured I might as well replace all 4 of them since I was doing it. My bottom bulbs for the a/c and defroster buttons, were fine, so I left them alone.
NOTE: I just found these replacement bulbs listed for sale on LMC.com website on page 141, if anyone else wants to look for them.
I'm glad I found silveradosierra.com, it's great to be on a site that actually has good information for a change!
PickupMenGetChicks
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Newly registered users
Registered users

Postby ricka182 » Dec 16 2014, 8:38pm

Old thread revived...but good to see new members using the information. Although, it appears as one never came back after January 2012..

But welcome PickupMen...head over to the Member Intro forum and say hi, post some truck pics.

And if anyone else is wanting to do this, you can get the bulbs at Radio Shack, part #272-1141, at $1.99 each. I think you would need 4-6 to do all the HVAC lights.
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 171
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users
Servicemen
Previous

Return to Climate Control