jQuery not supported.

Continental Tires

Discount June 1st

Continental Tires

Postby Bobschatter [OP] » May 02 2019, 12:09pm

Just an FYI for everyone...exchanged e-mails with Continental and they said they are doing their semi-annual sale June 1st. It is usually $75-100 off a set of 4 tires though in the past it's always $100 off. Just passing this along. Sometimes Tire Rack or Discount Tires will throw in an additional discount at the same time. Picking up a set of TerrainContacts for my 2016 Silverado 1500 High Country as the OEM Goodyear Eagle LS-2's are awful. I know GM does that to increase CAFE mileage across the entire vehicle line-up but on a $50K+ truck I expect to get a decent tire. Whine, whine whine. Good day to all.
Original Poster
Bobschatter
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: Siren Red
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Continental Tires

Postby MooseKnuckles » May 02 2019, 12:53pm

Just put Continental TerrainContact AT tires on my truck. Absolutely amazing. I'm coming off of Toyo Open Country AT II, and have a lot of time with BFG KO2s.
They definitely don't look as aggressive as the others, so they aren't a 'for show' tire. If I wanted a show tire to pound pavement I'd get those Taiwanese Salun tires or whatever they are called

These Conti's blow them out of the water on road. Whether dry or wet asphalt the grip is awesome. Whisper quiet on the highway.
In muddy clay they perform as good as the others, but is a little hard to say unless you get each tire side by side on a muddy grade and see how each goes before needing 4wd. Loose rock (think driving in a gravel pit) they will spit stones when accelerating, but they bite and don't cause much drama otherwise. The only sand I've driven in so far is Ottawa style sand, which is about the worse for dig in, and they did get buried, but pop it in 4-wheel and I was through no problem.

They do what they say and don't inflate the claims by having a meaty looking aggressive sidewall. They are a nice hybrid of highway and all terrain.

I bought them a few weeks ago and Conti's spring promo was a $75 prepaid visa card
Diablew - Bilstein 5100 FR - Rancho 5000X RR- 14+ Corner Step - 275-65-18 TerrainContact - PowerStop Z36 - BakFlip FiberMax - Ghetto CAI with Airaid dry - Straight Pipe - Eonon Android HU
MooseKnuckles
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 47
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2012
Extra Info: LTZ 5.3 Crew 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Continental Tires

Postby Bobschatter [OP] » Aug 30 2019, 8:30pm

Ok, so the Continental ExtremeContacts are on the truck. Not much time on them but given that I had Eagle LS2's on the thing it's a big improvement. Fairly quiet, way better during our S. Florida downpours and pulls my 7,500lb boat off a slimy ramp without issue (2w drive). After an upcoming 1,500 mile roadtrip I'll report back on the tires with a bit more insight.
Original Poster
Bobschatter
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: Siren Red
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Deals Online