Postby hallmark [OP] » Jul 25 2019, 12:20pm

Seats shampooed
Carpet reinstalled and shampooed
Original Poster
hallmark
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: A How To Guide On Interior Deep Cleaning

Postby roorancher » Jul 25 2019, 12:31pm

Look really good....
Just curious....do you ever clean the seat belts? Sometimes with everyday use the fabric strap material gets really nasty......

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

82,500 as of 11/1/19

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker

Diablew Tune

Security by Rock Island Armory
roorancher
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 59
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2015
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Jul 25 2019, 1:02pm

Someone was driving around with a dead cat in their car and didn't notice? :?

BFG KO2 265/70/17 * Motofab level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature * 35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X * DD SL1 headlights
Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 25
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Bradley21sanders » Jul 25 2019, 1:18pm

awesome, if only I could afford that $900 for the mytee for personal use! just cant justify it yet.

on average when using it how long does it take seats and carpet to dry? I would assume it depends on how dirty either are and how slow you go across the fabric/carpet?
Bradley21sanders
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 47
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 1500 5.3l 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby hallmark [OP] » Jul 25 2019, 1:32pm

roorancher wrote:Look really good....
Just curious....do you ever clean the seat belts? Sometimes with everyday use the fabric strap material gets really nasty......

Yes, either by using a pressure washer. Or a steam cleaner. For these belts I am going to be using a steam cleaner since they're made into the seat. If they were like the newer trucks I would just clamp them off and pressure wash them outside the vehicle. Let it dry for an hour and then it's good to go. Use a degreaser. Alternatively you can just spray into a towel and scrub, but I think a steamer or pressure washer does a better job.

SierraHarley wrote:Someone was driving around with a dead cat in their car and didn't notice? :?

It was the customers spare vehicle and they had gotten groceries with it and the cat climbed inside while they were unloading groceries and didn't notice until a week later where the cat had wound up. They thought it ran away. :(

Bradley21sanders wrote:awesome, if only I could afford that $900 for the mytee for personal use! just cant justify it yet.

on average when using it how long does it take seats and carpet to dry? I would assume it depends on how dirty either are and how slow you go across the fabric/carpet?

The Mytee 8070 is expensive. But it saves me about 1hr-2hr per job. I used to use a little BIssel Proheat Spot Extractor. And it typically takes between 1-4 hours if warm weather. If colder weather it make take 24-48 hours. Running the heater inside the vehicle and letting it set for an hour goes along way in ensuring the seats and carpet are fully dry. This unit has 120" of water lift, so it doesn't really soak the fabrics down like less powerful units.
Original Poster
hallmark
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Jul 25 2019, 5:16pm

makes a lot of sense I was wondering how detailers were keeping the turn around times down. have a bissel pro heat little green (the one you pour hot water in) I give it two thumbs down lol. you of course are spot on with dry time too because it took a good 24hrs for those seats to dry haha
Bradley21sanders
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby hallmark [OP] » Aug 26 2019, 6:03pm

It's been awhile since I posted... I finished up on the interior and have been driving it for a month now. I've been traveling to install ceramic coatings for people. :P So it got a little dirty again. Again, I cleaned the plastics with LA's Totally Awesome. If the vehicle wasn't as dirty I would've cleaned it with a diluted APC like Meguiar's APC or Optimum Power Clean. I also didn't put any type of protectant/shine on the plastics. I work in a body shop, so I can't have any silicones or greases on my hands when i'm working. If I was going to do this for a customer i'd use 303 Vinyl Protectant it's non greasy, and restores a like new apperance to the plastic.

Anyway, the next step is to do some paint correction on the truck. I will make a tutorial/guide on that as well...

Original Poster
hallmark
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Regalguy80 » Oct 01 2019, 4:07am

Nice clean. I didn't take my seats out. My bissel is small enough to get in all the little places. My truck was owne by an industrial plumber who installed warehouse fire sprinklers. The thing was dirty. I thought I had a black interior but after a thorough clean it turns out it is grey
Regalguy80
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 8
Year: 2005
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 5.3 4x4 LS 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Oct 01 2019, 1:33pm

That's sort of funny "thought it was black but turns out it is grey"

Nice job hallmark, question though. you don't suppose a pressure washer will harm the seat belts do you? I have one of those gas powered 2800psi or something like that.
Bradley21sanders
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby hallmark [OP] » Oct 01 2019, 3:15pm

Bradley21sanders wrote:That's sort of funny "thought it was black but turns out it is grey"

Nice job hallmark, question though. you don't suppose a pressure washer will harm the seat belts do you? I have one of those gas powered 2800psi or something like that.

If you're using the white tip, no it shouldn't harm the seat belt. Just be mindful of how close you're getting to the fabric. But i've been cleaning seat belts this way for 5+ years now and haven't had an issue yet.
Original Poster
hallmark
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Detailing