jQuery not supported.

Electric pressure washer

Electric pressure washer

Postby MTJ75 [OP] » Jun 21 2020, 2:30am

After seeing the craze about the foam cannon style of washing, I set out to give it a try. I swore I would never buy an electric pressure washer again after a junk piece of crap I owned years ago.

While searching around I came across this small little unit for a $179. The quality is a lot better than anything I have used in the past. The pressure hose is a solid rubber hose that rolls up true and not all tangled up like the pvc style hoses.
The foam cannon really blasted a nice layer of thick foam all over and the results were nothing but ease of wiping everything down with a mitt.
The pressure was perfect for up close washing dirt off in the pre-rinse stage.
Best part of all, it takes up as much room as a small tote. Could easily store in a base cabinet.

So What are you using??
Attachments
CAT.jpg
20200620_154946.jpg
20200620_171543.jpg
20200620_165002.jpg
20200620_165007.jpg
Original Poster
MTJ75
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 20
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2017
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Electric pressure washer

Postby MTJ75 [OP] » Jun 21 2020, 2:32am

Obviously I'm not a pro at the pictures. Do not understand why they come out sideways?
Original Poster
MTJ75
Topics: 20
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: All Star Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby nealinator » Jun 21 2020, 4:29am

The site always tries to rotate portrait pictures to show in landscape mode. Best to turn your phone sideways and take pictures that way to post here.
Nealinator's 5.3L 4x4 Z71 All Terrain   185,128 miles
AMP Power Steps - Retrax Pro Cover - Terra Grappler G2 - Airaid MIT - Mobil 1
Borla Exhaust - Eonon GA7180 - Custom Catch Can - Bilstein 5100's - $ Cost $ - DiabLew Tune
nealinator
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 170
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Supporters
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 » Jun 21 2020, 12:27pm

That Cat pressure washer looks pretty good but with my bad back I prefer to not have to lift anything if at all possible.
years ago I bought a older version of this unit and I am surprised it is still going strong even neglecting it just works.

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-FPWEF2-1-18 ... 175&sr=8-1

I will admit the spray wand has four settings one for foam just add soap to the hopper and one setting for a oscillating spray pattern the other two are completely useless.
my first spray wand lasted 3 months then quit, I called the manufacture they sent out a new one no question asked if i had to replace it on my own it would have been cheap.
What I do not like about it is the wheels are useless as the axle is placed too high causing the unit to just slide on the floor rather than roll on the wheels. so I end up having to drag or carry this thing to the spot I need.
I hose reel sucks to use and getting the wand disconnected from the hose for storage has been so problematic that I just leave the wand attached.
I got mine 6 years ago it sits a lot without being used which normally causes issues so I bought the right flush chemical and lubricants etc but normally I am sore from using it when I am done I just stuff it in the garage and hope it works the next time I need it so far it has not let me down but there is a lot to be desired.
I would much rather use a commercial grade H***a gas engine powered multistage pressure washer, But I would not have room to store it, the desire to maintain it or a good enough back and neck to resist the power of the pressure wand while using it for any length of time.
EaOutlaw1969
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 7
Year: 2015
Variant: LS
Extra Info: 5.3 Flex
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Slugworth » Jun 21 2020, 12:51pm

I have this one.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sun-Joe-203 ... /304844818

Works flawlessly... Looks like there red In color now. Mine is green same one/specs though. If you do use the foam cannon you should get the smaller brass insert for it with this power washer. There about $7-$9 bucks on eBay/amazon ect....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292544400403
Slugworth
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 28
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: Z71 LT Ex.Cab 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ricka182 » Jun 21 2020, 2:48pm

I had an electric power washer at first, but the extra cable for the power cord kept getting in my way, and more frustrating the unit tipped over non stop. It also just wasn't very easy to use. I had an AR brand, and that made it worse as it needed proprietary connectors, etc.

I now have a Troy-Built gas powered, got it at Lowes for $220 last year. Works well, does what I need without any issue. That does look like a nice and easy to move unit though.
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 177
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2006
Variant: Z71
Extra Info: 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Servicemen
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby tsuintx » Jun 21 2020, 3:08pm

I also had an electric one for many years. Just a cheapo from Harbor Freight. Worked just fine, but kind of PITA to use with the electric cord etc.

Bought a practically brand new (used three times) H***a gas powered from a friend a few weeks and and it’s been awesome. Much more power when you need it and easy to move around with big wheels. Size sucks, though. LOL! :lol: Electric ones sure have the size going for them.
Attachments
4F5028B2-FBE1-4044-B953-3F8FC61E945E.jpeg
2007 Silverado 2WD Z71 Crew Cab NNBS
2010 Tahoe LT2
2012 BMW K1600GTL Premium
2013 F**d Fusion SE Hybrid
tsuintx
Shifting into Fourth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fourth Gear [L3]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 2WD Z71 Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 » Jun 21 2020, 4:39pm

If money was not an problem and I had the back to move or use this monster and have a place to store it this is what I would get.
Would be nice if it had off road hard rubber tires. and was not so damn expensive.

https://www.powerequipmentdirect.com/Kr ... p1691.html

KTherm2175TST_500.jpg
KTherm2175TST_500.jpg (25.01 KiB) Viewed 176 times
EaOutlaw1969
Topics: 7
Year: 2015
Variant: LS
Extra Info: 5.3 Flex
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby FoxProDenali » Jun 21 2020, 5:34pm

ricka182 wrote:I had an electric power washer at first, but the extra cable for the power cord kept getting in my way, and more frustrating the unit tipped over non stop.

Ha. Mine is on it's side basically the whole time. It's also wonderful when the water hose, the washer hose and the power cord get wrapped around one another like big pile of soapy spaghetti. :lol: :oops: :roll:
2007 Sierra Denali 1500
Kooks|Corsa|Amp Research|DiabLew Tune|Vitesse
Build Thread: FoxProDenali's 2007 Sierra - Build, Show, Tell
FoxProDenali
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Topics: 28
Year: 2007
Variant: Denali
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ricka182 » Jun 24 2020, 9:23pm

EaOutlaw1969 wrote:If money was not an problem and I had the back to move or use this monster and have a place to store it this is what I would get.
Would be nice if it had off road hard rubber tires. and was not so damn expensive.

https://www.powerequipmentdirect.com/Kr ... p1691.html

KTherm2175TST_500.jpg

I've used something that before, ran on diesel though. Used it to strip a crappy old acrylic covering from my deck. Took it right off, but had to get pretty close and did some damage that needed to be sanded down, but overall it was the only thing that proved to work., I also used it to clean the siding, foundation, driveway, painted bumpers, and right as I was just about done with it....I decided to remove an opaque spray coating I had on a window without a shade, so it gave a frosted look for privacy. Got too close in one corner....yeah, it cracked...lol $340 later, special 2 pane setup with reflective crap and all...ugh...

FoxProDenali wrote:
ricka182 wrote:I had an electric power washer at first, but the extra cable for the power cord kept getting in my way, and more frustrating the unit tipped over non stop.

Ha. Mine is on it's side basically the whole time. It's also wonderful when the water hose, the washer hose and the power cord get wrapped around one another like big pile of soapy spaghetti. :lol: :oops: :roll:

The unit I had, also had a safety switch on the bottom...auto-kill when it tips. And the ball of cable/wire/hose...pure evil...lol
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 177
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2006
Variant: Z71
Extra Info: 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Servicemen
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users
Next

Return to Detailing

Common search terms

back electric right washer tires pressure using looks engine still work same sent lift

It is currently Jul 10 2020, 7:21am

• Sponsor
Login  •  Register
Sitewide News Sitemaps & Feeds