jQuery not supported.

Gas Station Car Wash

Re: Gas Station Car Wash

Postby 19trax9519trax95 is online! » Feb 09 2020, 4:21pm

My friend is the manager of a carwash out in ohio. Hers is the brush type.

Even the soaps they use there are fairly aggressive. Definitely strips wax. And all they also add a chemical in the "spot free" rinse that aids in drying the truck.

And all those multi colored soaps that they say are some special wax and wash, are all the same exact soap with different dyes injected into it. It all comes from one 55 gallon poly drum in the pump room.

Also all the water is reclaimed water. So your getting used water from everyone else before you.

I can count the number of times I've gone through a car was on one hand and still have fingers left over.

If its brutally cold I'll usually just go to the self wash and use the pressure washer part of if to get most of the salt off until I can wash it at home.
19trax9519trax95 is online!
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 128
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby ricka182 » Feb 09 2020, 4:35pm

IMO, it's a never for the brushless washes. The high pressure and harsh soaps are no good, and yes I believe the soaps are harsher at a brushless versus a brushed. This is based on speaking to people who work for a company that offers both at certain locations. But I agree that none of the stuff they soak your paint with is anything more than the same thing with different dyes, some even have scents added to increase the "differences".

And unless my truck is really bad during the Winter from salts, I'll never use an wash again. Way too much damage to the clear, but during the winter I care less about it, because I will have marks to remove no matter what I do. But if I can, I will use a DIY bay in town, and always spray down the brush wand first.

Nothing like taking the time on a nice day to hand wash your truck, with a few cold beers of course...
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 172
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2006
Extra Info: Z71 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby MacQ » Feb 09 2020, 6:29pm

19trax95 wrote:. It all comes from one 55 gallon poly drum in the pump room. .

I used to haul those 55-gallon poly drums. They were a HAZMAT, placard "Corrosive" load. So yep, some harsh chemicals are used.
MacQ
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Detailing

Common search terms

different used same truck station wash free both always high again people part getting still work first nice thing anything

It is currently Feb 17 2020, 12:14am

• Sponsor
Login  •  Register
Sitewide News Sitemaps & Feeds