jQuery not supported.

engine idle rough and turn AC on and it gets worst

i have a v6 im not sure what is is as in EcoTec Or Vortex,

engine idle rough and turn AC on and it gets worst

Postby scottishere99 [OP] » Aug 14 2019, 12:10am

As I stated in the subject it don't idle rough in the morning just seems like it starts after the engine is warmed up, just had a tune up with plugs, wires distributor cap and rotor, oil change. when I stopped at a mechanic he checked the wires and when he pulled cylinder 6 wire and pulled it off the distributor the engine idle seemed to get better, he told me to change the plug and wire and it should be good. did that and it improved somewhat but still real rough when I turn on the AC or put the electric windows up. anyone care to give me some points to try and see if it works
Original Poster
scottishere99
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 3
Year: 1995
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: V6 4.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: engine idle rough and turn AC on and it gets worst

Postby dav2no1 » Aug 14 2019, 3:12am

How many miles on the motor? Your info says 95 4.3, is that correct? Get charging system load tested. Also you can spray some carb cleaner around intake while running..if it picks up idle temporarily, then you have a leak.

Did you just change the 1 plug and wire? What did the plug look like? Maybe they all need to be changed?
2012 SILVERADO LTZ 5.3L -4x4 -6 Speed -Bilstein- K&N -Borla- Line.X -GM Steps -LEDs-Diablew Tuned
1964 C-10 383 Stroker -12 Bolt Posi -Custom Holley 650 -Hurst Shifter -Stan's Headers -2 1/2" duals w/H pipe-40 series Flowmasters
dav2no1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 30
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3L LTZ 4X4 6 speed
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby badbruin44 » Aug 14 2019, 4:19am

I think Dave could be on to something with getting the load test done. I have seen some funky things happen when the alternator is not putting out the correct voltage regarding not working properly.
[gallery][/gallery]
badbruin44
Shifting into First Gear [L3]
Shifting into First Gear [L3]
Topics: 27
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 2500 6.0L CAI Gibson
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby plant.one » Aug 14 2019, 6:18pm

dav2no1 wrote:
Did you just change the 1 plug and wire? What did the plug look like? Maybe they all need to be changed?

having gone thru a handfull of early-mid 90's 4.3L engines between myself and the family.....if you're gonna do plugs and wires on a '95 4.3L... make sure you do the cap and rotor too.

dont bother mucking around doing any of the ignition electrical without doing them all - you're just wasting your time. its a wear part and needs to be serviced just like the plugs and wires do. they go togther like peanut butter and jelly if you will :)

and i mean.. a cap n rotor is like $25 ... no brainier territory.

the contacts tend to burn out in 40k or so on them and if it hasnt been serviced can cause your engine to run like pure crap on a stick - even if its only - or especially so - one of the contact points going bad.

HTH
08 silverado 1500 LT Z71 4x4 CrewCab
Stage 1 Cam, DOD/AFM Delete, Performance Valve grind, Port/Polished intake/exhaust, custom tune.

StormTrooper

Plant.One's 08 Stormtrooper build
plant.one
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 5.3L Z71 4x4 Crew LT
Group Membership:
Registered users