jQuery not supported.

Single Tick when Depressing the Accelerator - 2020 5.3L

Single Tick when Depressing the Accelerator - 2020 5.3L

Postby r47tgp [OP] » Jul 24 2020, 8:31pm

Hi all, looking for help with a tick sound again. New 2020 Silverado LT 5.3L with the 8 Speed transmission.

When truck is moving in the higher gears, and I begin to press the accelerator again, I get a single tick. Sounds like its coming from the front-passenger side of the truck. It's not a repetitive sound like a lifter tick or a leaky manifold. It's more like something engaging.

Happens after letting the vehicle roll, as well as after applying the brakes. More noticeable in the higher gears. Only when letting the accelerator out completely, and re-engaging it (even before the engine begins to increase in RPMs). Cannot hear it while in neutral or park, and cannot hear it when starting from a stop sign.

Any suggestions would be fantastic! I was able to fix the tick in my 2016 Silverado with help from this forum, and I'm sure I can do it again in 2020 lol. Thanks in advance!
Original Poster
r47tgp
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2020
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Single Tick when Depressing the Accelerator - 2020 5.3L

Postby r47tgp [OP] » Jul 24 2020, 10:26pm

Edit: Just went for a little ride and you can actually hear a fainter tick when you let go of the accelerator. Usually notice both sounds most when in the 30-50km/h range.
Original Poster
r47tgp
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby r47tgp [OP] » Jul 31 2020, 3:09pm

Talking to GM service today. As soon as I began describing the issue, the service advisor basically finished my sentence. He knew exactly what I was talking about. Apparently it's a normal occurrence with the 8 speed. Rear end re-engaging and transmitting the sound through the drive shaft to the front of the vehicle. I really trust this guy, he has come through for me big time in the past. I'll probably get him to have a listen at my first oil change just to make sure.
Original Poster
r47tgp
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby FoxProDenaliFoxProDenali is online! » Jul 31 2020, 4:49pm

My thought was transmission. The transfer case on mine is noisy as hell - slowing to a stop, going from park to drive, etc. Natural tolerance of parts I suppose. Drives just fine. But I know it’s annoying when you buy a $50k truck and it makes noises.
2007 Sierra Denali 1500
Kooks|Corsa|Amp Research|DiabLew Tune|Vitesse
Build Thread: FoxProDenali's 2007 Sierra - Build, Show, Tell
FoxProDenaliFoxProDenali is online!
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 28
Year: 2007
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: Denali
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to EcoTec3 5.3L V8