jQuery not supported.

Tuner

Need a programmer/tuner

Re: Tuner

Postby Silvery13 » Sep 26 2014, 4:43pm

Not trying to be a DB either but I don't care one way or the other. Some say tunes are traceable some say they aren't.
Just saying that because tunes are traceable on Powerstroke doesn't automatically mean the same applies to the EcoTec. DiabloSport claims the Intune does not leave a trace if you change the tune back to stock. In the link below, another member claims he tuned his truck then put it back to stock and took it to his dealer and wanted to know if they could tell it had been tuned. Answer was no.
Programmers and Warranty

But if you can access hard data showing which tuners are traceable an which aren't on this engine, please share.
Not a member of the "club", not a self appointed "this or that", not a legend in my own mind.
Conceptual Polymer High Efficiency Catch Can, DynaPro ATM RF-10 255-70/18, Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded, Bilstein 5100s
Silvery13
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71 4X4 EcoTec 5.3
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby wildchevy » Sep 26 2014, 5:55pm

GM has moved to a more relaxed way of dealing with hard part failures with some of it dealers, this is pretty big news and I'll post further info tonight when I get home from work. It can impact those of you who have good relationships within your dealership.
wildchevy
Topics: 40
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 1960
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby AdiosF150 » Oct 04 2014, 6:56pm

WildChevy an you elaborate on that info you were referring to

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2008 Silverado LT CC 2WD
Weathertech Mats-Brush Guard
AdiosF150
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 27
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 5.3L CC White
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jmhayh » Oct 30 2014, 2:20am

Running the Diablo Trinity on my 2014 GMC Sierra w/5.3l that had to be reprogrammed by the dealer. I returned the tune to stock...went in for the recall and nothing was said. Either it wasn't noticed or I can tell where there is a relaxed dealership...:)
jmhayh
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby VaBchSilvey » Nov 07 2014, 9:40pm

I use HP Tuners and have had it since 2004, great product. I bought another 2 GM credits for a $100.00 and copied the entire VCM and sent it to PCM of NC. For $150.00 I sent them the stock tune and told them what I wanted done. Disabled DOD, removed limiters, TM, firmed up the shifts slightly, set it for 87 octane. Drove it to the OBX and it was great, took and saved a 20 minute datalog with one full throttle run and sent that to them. They emailed me the next tune and it's even better, I still have 2 retunes left to go. This is on a totally stock 2014 Silverado and that's all I wanted to be done, I have no intention of doing exhaust or CAI. I just wanted the granny features removed so I could get the most out of the V8 that I bought. I need to find a deeper trany pan now since it sits right over the Y pipe, I don't like that.
VaBchSilvey
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Extra Info: LTZ Crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 06MonteSS06MonteSS is online! » Nov 08 2014, 2:25pm

The Diablosport tools (inTune/Trinity) have better, dyno-developed preset tunes on them... they have the most end-user adjustable parameters available than any others... complete data logging capabilities and full parameter support.. restore original backup stock tunes at any time and no worries about warranty/dealers... PLUS, you can get CUSTOM TUNING done for the diablo tools, which you can not with the others - you'd be stuck with whatever tunes they give you on them and that's it...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a discount so you'd save some $$. ;)

You can find info about them, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, purchasing/ordering, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... tune-wise, the tunes are the same. adjustable parameters are the same, and of course my custom tune would be the same as well...

The Trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic virtual gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps)... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield...

The inTune is smaller (it's the size of a credit card), it does not have the performance monitor, and does not have the graphic virtual gauges, etc, and it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/export tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out to see which one you'd want:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/Trin ... Manual.pdf

inTune user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/inTu ... Manual.pdf

------------------------------------

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpm's, better tranny performance/shifting, improved towing, etc...

As far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play... so there is no guarantee of any specific/certain amount of hp/tq or mileage gains...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39 hp, and 10-35 lb.-ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...

---------

Any questions or if interested in them, you can contact me directly at [email protected]

Thank you!
-Lew
06MonteSS06MonteSS is online!
Topics: 49
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Variant: SS
Extra Info: 14 Camaro 2SS-RS LS3
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to EcoTec3 5.3L V8