Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

LT4 supercharged L86

16K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  cstmg8 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This is in your truck now?

#5 ·
Dont know that we can offer you much. We are all drooling.... Got any youtube vids of it?

#9 ·
Who's truck was that? Looks like someone else's youtube video that you commented on. Hate to see people cutting up with kids in there.

#10 ·
Z06SilveradoZ71 said:
8 speed, need to send the ECU unit out to unlock, then we will tune the trans and maybe hook up the Nitrous, already running E85 with Methanol

zero to 60.. no speeding
So you have no tuning done to the trans and you are pushing 600/700 to the wheels? hmmmm...

#11 ·
Yeah I think we need some more information here. How about a build thread with some more details about your truck

#12 ·
OMG!! Plus your adding N02?? And you drive it on the street?
Good God man,, don't leave us hanging! Lets see more of this Horse Power God!
Last time i ever rode in a PU that had N02 to it was a friends '68 C10 cept he had a five speed and man when he stood on it then hit that launch button,, Put a welt on the back of my noggin from hitting the back glass! Scariest 1/2 mile ride I ever had!
Please show some more of your truck!

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
IMG_1055[4623].JPG

i'm new on the site, getting used to the format. build - pull the l86 out strip to the block. upgrade head gaskets, springs and remove 4 cyl mode. find LT4 on web. we found one that is fully ported, ported larger throttle body, aggressive 2.33 pulley. install custom cam, American racing headers, second fuel pump, larger injectors (direct injection) and lots more. have the best of the best... tune her

JTM Mortorsports deer park ny

BTW - paid $3500 for the supercharge with all the upgrades... JTM can install an LT 4 on a 6.2 or 5.3 they blueprinted the install

last - beat Lambo's at the light. 0-60 no speeding .... they blow my doors off at higher speed anyway

Attachments

#17 ·
Well dang....I never even realized the LT4 was the supercharger on top.

Sent using Tapatalk

#22 ·
A guy on YouTube Fasterproms did a similar setup to yours in an Escalade or as he calls it the Porkapotamus. You should check out some of the mod he did one was to separate the heads from the blower with a runner to keep intake/charger temps lower. He also put a ice chiller for the supercharger for cooler intake temps. You will gain more the cooler you can keep the intake/charger temp. The meth and e85 is very beneficial also since you can throw a lot more timing at the setup. For more top end power you will need more head flow/bigger cam and look into adjusting pulley sizes. Another place you could gain is reducing the rotational mass with tires and wheels you could drop quite a bit of weight from the rims and tires.

#26 ·
Eek, Almost did this but the LT4 I purchased from my shop was for a CVTSV. Apparently two versions exist A Corvette and a CTS-V. the CTS-V's snout sticks out 1" too far on my LT86 drive assembly. Now I'm G=going with a single Borg Warner s400 SX-E turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.