jQuery not supported.

HELP, please, 05 Silverado schematics around EBCM & HVAC

HELP, please, 05 Silverado schematics around EBCM & HVAC

Postby vt05silverado [OP] » Oct 10 2015, 5:56pm

Help, please. Would anyone have more detailed electrical diagrams, beyond the Haynes or Chilton's manuals, for the 05 Silverado? I have an LS-trim, Ext Cab, with the 4.8L, V8.

I'm chasing the famous (is that infamous?) problem with the EBCM but also, coincidentally, have no fan speeds (HVAC blower) and, funny as it seems, the horn doesn't work, so hoping to chase some grounds down with your help. Might be similar to djentlemanjoe's issue over in the electrical sub-forum here: electrical gremlins

All fuses/relays appear to check out fine. (Edit - check that, fuses appear good, have not verified all relays. I should also add that, using a new abs/obcd reader, does not indicate, or maybe "read" is more accurate to say, any error codes coming off the ABS.)

I've had the Blower motor resistor pack repair done under the recall a couple years ago. I've also tried to clean the one ground down on the frame, near the EBCM, under the drivers seat but no joy.

Before I pulled the ABS or dug further under the dash on the blower motor I was hoping to trace any other common grounds that might be there.

It doesn't seem that there would be a common cause but hoping you can help with more detailed diagrams. Direct email @ [email protected]

Thank you, Fred
Original Poster
vt05silverado
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2005
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 4.8L LS Ext 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical Manuals