jQuery not supported.

Adding hand free cell phone calling

Adding hand free cell phone calling

Postby Jack-1 [OP] » Jan 15 2020, 9:58pm

I just purchased a 2009 GMC fleet truck. It's bare bones which is fine except I want same phone calling and maybe other bluetooth capability. I have done a lot of searching but have not found what I would like to have. I don't want something that is battery operated. I want a reliable installation that works with or separate from the installed radio.
I installed a system in my 2003 4Runner but that company does not seem to be around anymore.
Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading.
Jack-1
Original Poster
Jack-1
Topics: 1
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Adding hand free cell phone calling

Postby roorancher » Jan 15 2020, 10:39pm

At the risk of sounding repetitive occasionally, call Crutchfield and see what they have to offer. They're pretty knowledgeable. Got a new audio system for my wife's 05 H***a with bluetooth and hands free calling that linked with her IPhone. Added steering wheel controls as well. Hardest part of the whole installation was getting her to read the manual and become familiar with all the features.

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

87500 miles 1/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs pending

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 69
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Adding hand free cell phone calling

Postby Jack-1 [OP] » Jan 15 2020, 11:20pm

Thanks for the reply. I looked there, did not think what they had was compatible with my radio. I don't know what my radio model is. I might have to pull it and see if there id a name plate on the back.
Thanks again, Jack
Original Poster
Jack-1
Topics: 1
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical