jQuery not supported.

Adding Power Windows

Adding Power Windows

Postby CamIsMacho [OP] » Jul 25 2013, 10:02pm

Well I'm tired of having to lean over the whole front seat in my truck just to roll down my passenger side window. I've decided it's time to officially add power windows to my truck. The kit I need is $200 and the switch kit with all the wiring is $50. I will be installing them myself since the website I'm buying the kit from has a bunch of installation guides, one of them being for an RCSB Silverado like mine, so I got lucky there. Anybody else install power windows themselves? I know you can't install OEM power windows without reflashing the BCM and all kinds of stuff. This kit gets hooked up to the ignition wires and some other stuff and that's it. I was also wondering if you guys would like me to write a DIY about this? Or no? Maybe some other Work Truck owners want to know how this is done?

Power Window Kit

Switches and Wiring
07 Silverado Classic
Anzo - VLEDS - Diode Dynamics - AE Wheels - Optima - Sundown Audio - Rockford Fosgate - JL Audio - Audiopipe - Kicker - Pioneer - Crutchfield - A1 Electric
Original Poster
CamIsMacho
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 26
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Single Cab Classic
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Adding Power Windows

Postby SilverSurfer » Jul 28 2013, 3:57am

That would probably be a good thing.
SilverSurfer
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 78
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2003
Extra Info: 5.3L Z85 AT 2wd Posi
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby gmcultr » Jul 29 2013, 3:15pm

My truck is a convert.... the kit that was used came with switches... idk what it is though.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

• 2001 Sierra HT 4.8
  • OEM Style Electric Fans
  • Oversized Radiator
  • Airaid MIT
  • Jasper Transmission
  • Custom Tuned
gmcultr
Contributor
Contributor
Topics: 48
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 4.8L
Group Membership:
Supporters
Registered users

Postby jimnfor » Jul 29 2013, 3:22pm

Yes. Yes. and Yes. WT owner here and this would be an awesome write up to have. My truck is a 2011, I noticed on their website it says which kit to use for 2007 NNBS. Is that my truck? Sorry, newbie question.
*under construction*
jimnfor
Topics: 47
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Extra Info: 5.3 Tahoe LT
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Arnettii » Jul 29 2013, 5:09pm

I am also interested in this please do a write-up :) and yes that means us (2011 W/T)
Arnettii
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 4.3L V6
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby TameTheFlame » Jul 29 2013, 6:18pm

Please do a write up! I don't have the work truck, but the LS and it didn't come with power windows... Please do a write up! Is it 200 dollars for 4 doors? Or just one door..
jrp458 wrote:Has anyone has trouble with their ball joints wearing out?

Wade_660 wrote:Your ball joints aren't going to be happy
TameTheFlame
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 24
Year: 2008
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby CamIsMacho [OP] » Jul 29 2013, 9:37pm

jimnfor wrote:Yes. Yes. and Yes. WT owner here and this would be an awesome write up to have. My truck is a 2011, I noticed on their website it says which kit to use for 2007 NNBS. Is that my truck? Sorry, newbie question.

Yes the 2007 NNBS would fit your 2011.

TameTheFlame wrote:Please do a write up! I don't have the work truck, but the LS and it didn't come with power windows... Please do a write up! Is it 200 dollars for 4 doors? Or just one door..

It's $200 for two doors. You'd probably have to buy two kits if they don't make a complete 4 door one.

Well it looks like when I do this I will go ahead and do a write up!! I wanted to see how much interest there was before taking pictures of everything when it happens. Keep in mind this conversion is not happening soon. I'm going to be a senior in high school and school starts in 2 weeks. I have about $550 saved up and I've already bought all my clothes and supplies, but you never know when a last minute cost may pop up! Plus this'll be my 4th year in automotive class so I'll have a shop and all the proper tools to do the job right!
07 Silverado Classic
Anzo - VLEDS - Diode Dynamics - AE Wheels - Optima - Sundown Audio - Rockford Fosgate - JL Audio - Audiopipe - Kicker - Pioneer - Crutchfield - A1 Electric
Original Poster
CamIsMacho
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jimnfor » Jul 29 2013, 9:58pm

Nothing makes me happier than hearing the youth of today with his priorities lined out and a good head on his shoulders.
No hurry with the windows, we'll be patiently waiting………. maybe patiently.
Focus on school and the rest will fall in place.
*under construction*
jimnfor
Topics: 47
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 5.3 Tahoe LT
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby NightRodeo » Jul 30 2013, 1:20am

A write up on this would be great.
Pennies make dimes, dimes make dollars, dollars buy gas and longneck bottles
There's a long stretch of black top underneath a cloudless sky, There's my truck washed and gassed up just itchin' for a ride.
NightRodeo
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 2
Year: 2012
Extra Info: V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby CamIsMacho [OP] » Jul 30 2013, 4:46am

jimnfor wrote:Nothing makes me happier than hearing the youth of today with his priorities lined out and a good head on his shoulders.
No hurry with the windows, we'll be patiently waiting………. maybe patiently.
Focus on school and the rest will fall in place.

Thank you for the kind words. Makes me feel good :) I've been looking at power windows for more than 6 months now but the time to buy just hasn't been right. I got a job over the summer and saved up a lot of money, and believe me I'd have loved to blow it all on my truck but I always know education comes first. I had to quit my job as my grandma got very sick and I was driving 90 miles a day to go see her in the hospital. Amazingly I was able to hold on to all the money I'd saved and was able to get everything I needed for school without borrowing a dime from my parents. It feels pretty good when you can let your parents have their own money and you can support yourself. If everything goes good the power windows will be coming :D
07 Silverado Classic
Original Poster
CamIsMacho
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Electrical