jQuery not supported.

All my Power Windows not Working

All my Power Windows not Working

Postby Silverado0428 [OP] » Sep 20 2020, 11:58pm

Several months ago my power windows stopped working out of no where on my 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Extended Cab. About a day later they started working again with no issues. After doing a tune up on my truck the other week, the next day my power windows quit again and haven't worked for about 2 weeks now. I know so far that all the power windows are controlled from the driver side master switch which is why non of them are currently working. I've checked all the fuses and circuit breakers and everything is good. I pulled the master window switch and it had constant power but only .201V on the accessory power (Yellow wire). Ive checked the wire all the way back to the BCM. It's reading .265V at the BCM. (I'm thinking the BCM should be supplying 5V ref to the driver side master switch) At this point I would assume it's the BCM but not sure and don't want to waste money at the dealership if its not the true culprit. Any help would be appreciated.
Original Poster
Silverado0428
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users
Registered users
Registered users

Re: All my Power Windows not Working

Postby nealinator » Sep 21 2020, 3:39am

They don't work from any of the door switches? Or just the drivers switch module?
Nealinator's 5.3L 4x4 Z71 All Terrainā€ƒ188,876 miles
AMP Power Steps - Retrax Pro Cover - Terra Grappler G2 - Airaid MIT - Mobil 1
Borla Exhaust - Eonon GA7180 - Custom Catch Can - Bilstein 5100's - $ Cost $ - DiabLew Tune
nealinator
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 170
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Supporters
Registered users

Postby Silverado0428 [OP] » Sep 21 2020, 4:38am

Non of the switch modules work. All power windows run through the master switch and Iā€™m not getting any accessory power to the master switch.
Original Poster
Silverado0428
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Extra Info: 1500 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users
Registered users
Registered users

Postby jkubat » Today, 5:30pm

I just replaced all the switches on my '08 LT, back and passenger windows work fine from drivers control as well as each individual door. I am having an issue with the drivers door still but that is a bad wire or connection somewhere - it operates intermittently when the doors is open a few inches, that's why I think its a bad wire/connector.
Any thoughts on the intermittent drivers door would be appreciated
jkubat
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Extra Info: Z71 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby nealinator » Today, 5:45pm

First place I would look is the section in the door jambs. Those wires have to move and flex the most. The boot pulls off so you can inspect them and wiggle while running the window to see of you can pinpoint a bad one.
Nealinator's 5.3L 4x4 Z71 All Terrainā€ƒ188,876 miles
AMP Power Steps - Retrax Pro Cover - Terra Grappler G2 - Airaid MIT - Mobil 1
Borla Exhaust - Eonon GA7180 - Custom Catch Can - Bilstein 5100's - $ Cost $ - DiabLew Tune
nealinator
Topics: 170
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Supporters
Registered users

Return to Electrical