jQuery not supported.

Another "Door Lock" Thread!

But I plan to hang around and update!

Another "Door Lock" Thread!

Postby Carter [OP] » May 16 2014, 9:08am

So I've been reading most of the night about people having problems with door locks which is normally caused by a bad actuator. When I did find a thread that seemed similar to my issue, the guy made 4 posts, then said he was going to the dealer and never updated. SO, any advice or helpful information, not matter how big or small, I'd appreciate it.

My issue -

I bought my 2009 Z71 LT Crew Cab 4 days ago, I've been researching this problem since day 1. Neither of the rear doors will lock or unlock with the button on the door OR with the remote. I've checked fuses, looked for relays that don't exist (from what I can tell) and even set off the "Theft Deterrent System" which is a whole other story for another day. Good news is, I love my truck! I just want it to work the way it's suppose to...
Original Poster
Carter
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2009 Chevy Crew Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Another "Door Lock" Thread!

Postby escgoat » Jun 06 2014, 6:03pm

I'm bumping this threads to help you get answer. I'm having a similar issue, my locks lock when I put it in drive, unlock when I put it in park and lock when I hit the either door button. But it will not unlock when I hit either unlock button. I read somewhere it was a relay, which makes sense to me, but then read another place my truck does not have relays.

I don't think it's my actuators that are bad, because they do lock and unlock, but it maybe be the case with your truck, you didn't say if they lock or unlock when you put it in gear.
escgoat
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2007
Extra Info: Work Truck
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby comtois2 » Aug 07 2014, 2:06am

escgoat, any luck determining the problem with your door locks? I've got a 2008 Silverado 2500 with the same issue. The doors lock and unlock when put into drive or park, but are unresponsive using the door lock buttons on the drivers door or passenger door. I agree with you that it doesn't seem like the actuator would be bad if the doors are locking and unlocking at all. Please let me know if you ever figured this out.
comtois2
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 2500 HD 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby escgoat » Aug 07 2014, 2:49am

I never did figure it out, I'm just "living" with it, someone showed me that turning the key twice when unlocking a door unlocks both so I've doing that and I can lock the doors with the buttons on the door. Too bad I don't have remote entry or I might know whether it's both buttons or not. Good luck and if you figure it out please let me know, I'll do the same.
escgoat
Topics: 1
Year: 2007
Extra Info: Work Truck
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby comtois2 » Aug 07 2014, 9:25pm

I pulled off the drivers side door panel last night and used a test light to confirm there was power to the door lock switch. This is leading me to believe the switch is bad, or a bad connection at the switch. I'm going to continue troubleshooting this weekend. I'll keep you posted if I determine the root of the problem.
comtois2
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 2500 HD 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 1baddad » Aug 07 2014, 9:49pm

Will the CHILD SATEY lock keep it from locking unlocking? I'm not near my truck right now or I would check.
1baddad
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 45
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2013
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby hornnumb2 » Aug 07 2014, 10:22pm

I would guess its a switch also, but sometimes with the actuators it will give you one or two locks before they quit. To really know if the actuators are going bad lock and unlock several times if they still work your good to go, if the slowly start not working the motors are bad and can be rebuilt. Michael
hornnumb2
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 44
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLT Crewcab 4x4 2500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby james05r6 » Aug 07 2014, 10:49pm

I have never had this problem but just from my experience with cars...you said you tested for power to the switch, did you check the return going to the doors? http://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/p ... 100813.pdf that is a manual with many electrical systems in it. I am thinking bad connection somewhere since your actuators work.
james05r6
Topics: 2
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: all terrain
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby 1baddad » Aug 08 2014, 1:27am

Since you just purchased it did you ask the dealer if they would look at it or was it purchased from an individual?
1baddad
Topics: 45
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2013
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hdjoe » Aug 08 2014, 4:34am

It's the actuator.... My driver did this on hot days only... When it's cool, it locked and unlocked just fine. Bought a new dorman driver side actuator at work... And problem gone.
4/7" MCG drop, 24" boss 313, 295/35, Diablew Beast tuned :twisted:, UPR Catch can, Jones turbine muffler, iPad dashboard :D
Hdjoe
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 12
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Electrical