jQuery not supported.

Anyone know which color wire is the positive low beam

Anyone know which color wire is the positive low beam

Postby 2014gmcsierra53 [OP] » Oct 24 2016, 8:33pm

Hey guys I installed the vled triton v3 switchback front turn signals 6k white/Amber and I got everything to work properly except there is a "Dim" wire that needs to be tapped into the positive low beam headlight wire so that they aren't so bright when the headlights are on they'll dim to 10% of the output I guess. Right now they are too darn bright but I can't figure out which wire I'm suppose to tap this "dim" wire into to dim the marker/turn signal lights. If anyone would please help me figure out the color or the low beam wire on the headlights. Also which harnesss would be best (main harness going to truck, harness going into headlights that supply drls parking/turn signal and headlight or can I tap it to my opt 7 led bulb harness? I don't want to go tapping the wrong wire. Thank for the help

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 slt 5.3
Original Poster
2014gmcsierra53
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Slt 4x4 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Anyone know which color wire is the positive low beam

Postby GMT604 » Oct 24 2016, 8:36pm

GMT604
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
4x4 High Mode [L3]
4x4 High Mode [L3]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: Anyone know which color wire is the positive low beam

Postby 2014gmcsierra53 [OP] » Oct 24 2016, 9:17pm

Thank for the link but I can't figure out which wire it would be for the positive low beam. As you can tell I'm not to knowledgeable when it comes to electrical. If anyone would be able to tell me the color wire I should tap into I'd greatly appreciate it.
Original Poster
2014gmcsierra53
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Slt 4x4 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical