jQuery not supported.

Battery drained

Electrical

Re: Battery drained

Postby wildflowers [OP] » Feb 21 2019, 2:53pm

I've got to get the truck back on the road so the switch will give me time to explore more fixes and or get the truck into town for a dealership to look at it
Original Poster
wildflowers
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: V8 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wildflowers [OP] » Feb 21 2019, 2:59pm

My mechanic has just told me it's the white wire to the wiper motor that is causing the problem, does that make any sense to you?
Original Poster
wildflowers
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby been100years » Feb 21 2019, 9:53pm

There Is a member on this sub-forum who I was helping out the last few days with a battery drain on a 2011. While doing some google/youtube searching I found a lot of stuff on the blower motor resistor causing the blower motor to come by itself. Most all were about gmt800 trucks. The key or yourself don't have to be in the truck. The guy on this site said he got into his truck and the blower was on. Might be something to look into.
been100years
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 5.3 excab ltz 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wildflowers [OP] » Feb 21 2019, 10:40pm

Thanks for that info, it is interesting as when the battery drained first time I had a boost and with the key in the accessory position the heater blower came on full blast, I turned the blower dial to off and the blower stayed on, when it was boosted and the engine started the heater control went back to normal, one other person on this forum described their truck as being possessed, after this I can see where he was coming from.
I now have the truck working again, albeit with the white wire from the wiper motor cut, so the problem I had with the dash lights, radio and battery light staying on after the ignition is turned off has now gone, the only oddity now is when we put the wipers on #4 the windshield washers come on, so we will use up to #3 until we find what has been causing these problems. I believe there is a ground problem or a worn wire somewhere, I'll wait until it gets warmer before I get under and into the engine compartment
Original Poster
wildflowers
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Electrical