jQuery not supported.

Bringing power into the cab

Bringing power into the cab

Postby Walkers [OP] » Feb 23 2021, 3:45am

My Google Foo may not be great for this not sure. I am installing an inverter under the drivers seat. Not sure exactly how many amps it will draw. It came with two 35 amp fuses, just nowhere to put them. I ams shooting for 35 amps and that is what I’ll fuse it for.
I already have thing on my MBEC, though I could move things around if need be. Where is a good place to go for power? I can put a new fuse and wire at the battery, butt judging by the amount of empty fuses on my engine bay panel my main power wire is nowhere near maxed out. It seems likeit would be easier to get power from there that is already fused.
I am going to need a little more in the near future as well, what is an easy way of putting a sub panel in the cab?

Thanks,
Original Poster
Walkers
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 65
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Ext cab 2500 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Bringing power into the cab

Postby barroncm » Feb 23 2021, 6:09am

Mine is run straight to the battery block under the hood.
barroncm
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LS
Extra Info: 2500 HD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Bringing power into the cab

Postby silentbravo » Feb 23 2021, 7:21am

I don't really know of any budget friendly fuse blocks that will support over 30A per circuit, so you may have to just run a dedicated line for that inverter to battery and use a MAXI fuse close to battery. They do make up to 40A at least ATC/ATO fuses, but then you have to trust the terminals for that type of power, and most 1/4" spade terminals (which is what an ATC fuse plugs into) are only rated for 30A max.... so it's a bit of a grey area.

Anyway, Blue Sea Systems makes some of the nicest fuse blocks, also if you want something more custom Littelfuse does some nice ones as well.
https://www.bluesea.com/products/catego ... use_Blocks

Here is my in-cab fuse block. Hidden under center console
silentbravo
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 2500HD SLE 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical